Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2003, 11:10 PM
mickstr68

Default Comfort of the beds?

I'm a first time cruiser (going on the Inspiration Nov 30th) and have a question on the beds. Are the comfortable? The reason I ask is I have a queen size blowup mattress that folds into a very compact size that I could take with me for more comfort. I know it sounds wierd but can I help that I like a comfortable bed? Thanks for all opinions.
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2003, 12:37 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Comfort of the beds?

I have been on 5 cruises and have always found the beds, no matter how small, are very comfortable. Hope you enjoy your cruise!
Old September 27th, 2003, 01:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Mick, I am a picky sleeper and have never had a problem on Carnival beds -- plus the rocking at night will send you to bed in no time.

Harry (who sleeps best on a cruise)
Old September 27th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Speaking of beds, will our room stewart put our beds together or will they already be done? Does our TA notify the cruise line? I read somewhere on the boards that one passenger's bed had kings sized sheets when their beds were put together and not just two twins put together with twin sheets. So it really felt like a kings sized bed.

Carnival Victory
Old September 27th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Hmmmm ... from what I have seen ... I think the stewards go off the passengers booked in deciding whether to have the beds together.

For example, we are a gay couple, so when we get to the cabin, our beds are always separate (because they think it's two single men traveling together).

But I've walked by other cabins at embarkation, and the beds were already together. I do know the cabin steward will make an adjust ment as soon as possible (usually when you return from dinner the first night).

Hope that helps.

Harry
Old September 27th, 2003, 02:39 PM
baxter

After 10 cruises on various lines we never had a problem until #11 on the Sensation in August. The centre of the mattress on one bed was practically not there at all. Butt on the board so to speak. We told the cabin steward the next day and he brought us a brand new one. So if there are any problems with the cabin tell the steward, he wants you to be happy.
Old September 27th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Comfort of the beds?

We moved our own beds on our last cruise on the Triumph however you can ask the room steward to move them if you wish. THey will be happy to help!

As for beds comfort...been on 2 carnival cruises (Sensation & Triump) and both times the beds were much better then at the hotel I stayed at last month! So, I would say they are very comfortable.
Old September 28th, 2003, 03:56 PM
mickstr68

Thank you everyone! I was surprised by the # of replies. Thank you again- I love this site!
Old September 28th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Admiral

I guess it depends, I don't find the beds very comfortable. If it wasn't for the ship swaying I don't think I would ever fall asleep. Of course I have a huge pillow top mattres at home. Also when the beds are pushed together, which by the way is very easy even for a woman to do herself, even with a king sheet you can tell it's 2 beds pushed together. The edge is firmer and sometimes higher than the center. Maybe we just always got beds with woren mattresses.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old September 28th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sandriska

The beds are comfortable but when your drunk every night anything feels good.
But seriously, the first night I almost rolled out of the bed. ( I have a double bed at home) The beds seem smaller then a twin bed but comfortable. You just have to remember your not home.
Old September 29th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Sandriska, I did that one time too. I'm always having to dive for pillows on the floor in the middle of the night.

Harry
Old September 30th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Admiral

99% of the time our beds are already together. If they are not, just ask the cabin Steward to put them together and to put on King size linens & blankets. Once, they just put the beds together, make sure that you will not "slip" into the crack which is not comfortable. They also have a "foam filler" that goes between the mattresses and under the sheets. I sleep on a water bed and have a bad back but only when they didn't put in the filler, was I ever uncomfortable for a night.
Bon Voyage
Old September 30th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Frank Pike

I was on the Inspiration and found the beds to be very comfortable and I tell everyone the best sleep I ever had was on a cruise. The inside rooms are very dark (which I love), very quiet and the rocking motion put me to sleep fast and in a deep sleep. I loved it!