Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2003, 05:10 PM
FlyingFinn

Default Priceline for New Orleans Hotel

We have never used Priceline.com or Hotwire.com and I am just wondering how exactly this works. We will be sailing on our 3rd cruise out of New Orleans this March and we like to be as close to the River as we can get. We stayed at Spring Hill Suites (which I believe is a Marriott chain but can't be sure) and the Hilton last year with an awful stay at the Hilton. Is it true you can not cancel these reservations made by Priceline or Hotwire? How can we be sure to get something close to the river and not say, in the French Quarter? I read in an earier post today that someone got the same hotel we had before for a fraction of the cost. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2003, 04:50 PM
kworley

Default Re: Priceline for New Orleans Hotel

Check out www.betterbidding.com. You can get a lot of help and suggestions about bidding on priceline and hotwire
Old September 29th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Admiral

Priceline doesn't allow cancellations unless you purchase that extra insurance or something like that they offer.

I've used priceline 3x's so far and so far so good! I have saved alot of money all those times too. You need to research alittle first and make sure you pick the area and price the bid the lowest you want. It will come back and say you are bidding too low but keep the bid low cause you may be surprised and get it! I got the Hyatt Regency in Miami end of January for 45.00 for our precruise stay.

Have stayed at the Hyatt in Orlando for 35/night from priceline too.

Check out biddingfortravel.com and look at the hotels that are offered in New Orleans.

Old September 29th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi FF,
Definitely read through all the information about using Priceline before you try it out. I recently used it for the first time and just make sure you look at the map carefully and pick the location you want using the map. I did get the location I wanted, but hoped for another hotel, but thats fine as long as I got the location and still saved a lot. Best of luck with it.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 30th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Priceline for New Orleans Hotel

I used Priceline for my last Holiday cruise and got the marriot on canal (45 steps from Bourbon street) for $40...

I highly recommend Priceline if you KNOW FOR SURE you are staying in town that night... If you aren't sure - don't use it.

Buzz