Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2003, 05:17 PM
Passenger

Default Anybody ever use cruisecompete.com

I have a deposit down with a local TA for a cruise in January. In the mean time, I have received a quote from cruisecompete.com which is $300 cheaper than with the TA. I received three quotes from them. $100, $200 and $300 cheaper respectively. When I originally booked, every price I could find, after extensive searching, was essentially the same as the TA's.

Why do you think:
1. all of sudden there are different prices out there.
2. One person is so much cheaper than the others. I checked and the price includes all taxes and fees, etc.

I am nervous to cancel with the TA and book with an unknown internet company. But $300 dollars will pay for me and my girls to do the dolphin swim in Cozumel. I called my TA with the price and all of a sudden my catagory had a price decrease of $30 per person and that was it.

What does everyone think? Would you switch?
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2003, 07:34 PM
CACruiser

Default Re: Anybody ever use cruisecompete.com

I have never used cruisecomplete but your TA should be able to match the quote. Print it out and FAX it to your TA. I showed my TA a quote from 2 other sites and she called Carnival and was able to match it and we save $. Have a great time.
Old October 3rd, 2003, 12:52 AM
Captain

I checked out the site you mentioned. It looks like several agencies can offer you a rate. Just like they do here on the Bargin Finder. there were some well known names on the list . Which one(s) gave you a quote that was lower? Maybe someone here has used that agency in the past.

AKcruiser

Old October 3rd, 2003, 03:39 AM
Passenger

Try CRUCON.COM...They saved me $1,000...
Old October 3rd, 2003, 02:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Anybody ever use cruisecompete.com

The agency that gave us the lowest quote was something like Costa Travel. The website is funonlyvacations. My husband has called around trying to verify that they are legit. Some travel agent association in New York showed that Costa Travel has been in business for 20 years.
We are going to go for it and keep our fingers crossed that we end up with tickets. We are not going to cancel with our TA for a week or two until we verify with Carnival that they have our new reservation.
Old October 3rd, 2003, 08:42 PM
am57

I too have the same problem. this is our first cruise ever, to Alaska and I received a quote from cruise complete at about $300. less than the TA I have and she said she can't match it. My TA told me to be very careful dealing with the deals on the internet. So I don't know what to do. Please let me know if you have someone that you know you can trust that has helped you and saved you money from the internet. thanks for your help
Old October 4th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Anybody ever use cruisecompete.com

also be advised that ADVERTISING is not allowed in the message boards. If you post a URL or place an unsolicited recommendation it will be deleted. This keeps agencies from posting under fake names extolling the virtues of their agency. <G>
Jim