Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2003, 04:04 AM
Scott and Eileen

Default Book Feb. flight now ?

Hi !
We are going out on the Conquest 8 Feb o4. The nonstop flights from boston are running $416. Is there any reason to wait to book the flight, or should I just do it now ?

Facination June 02
Sky Feb 03
Majesty July 03
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2003, 05:56 AM
hoogie

Default Re: Book Feb. flight now ?

If you can fly from providence checkout southwest they are pretty reasonable for feb 8 flights, otherwise keep looking. I was able to find non-stop for feb 13th(start of school vacation) from boston for 248 pp. Just keep hitting the sites throughout the day as the availability and pricing changes all day. I ended up booking with avaction after hitting the sites repeatedly and without mercy. The week you are flying is not school vacation but seems to have a premium since it's close and some folks resort to that week instead. Good luck.. Mark
Old October 3rd, 2003, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Last year I booked a cruise out of LA to depart 4 1/2 months later. I was going to gly from Charlotte. When I booked I checked the rates for flying and it was acceptable but I did not book. I checked rates on a weekly basis and over time it went down til finally 3 months later I booked the flight at half the cost. Also check other airports nearby.
Old October 3rd, 2003, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Scott,
I had the same problem, been checking and re-checking flights for weeks and from Chicago to Miami is running well over $600. Just happened to catch it at a lower fare the other day and grabbed it, got AA direct for $326, was hoping to find it under $300, but I didn't want to chance it. You may want to keep on checking, but its hard to call, best of luck.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 3rd, 2003, 03:38 PM
Admiral

I am going through the same dilema from Manchester to FLL. Southwest opened up, but those "cheap" fares sold out in a day. All I could get was more than $400. I have cruise air for $309 reserved so I am holding out now for a sale. I was hoping Jet Blue was going to come to MHT, but they choose Boston. I just bought Southwest from MHT to New Orleans for about $360 for my 10/26 cruise. So you won't get it much cheaper. Unless Boston has competing airlines.
Bon Voyage