Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Nicole M

Default Anyone gone on Carnival Pride??

Has anyone gone on the Carnival Pride?? I am going Jan. 25-Feb.1 and just wanted to know how it was!
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2003, 10:44 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Anyone gone on Carnival Pride??

I was two years ago.........when she first started her career. You can read my review here http://cruisemates.com/Articles/memr...val/pride6.cfm We had an awesome time and the food was great! Not sure if she has the same ports now as she did then but if she goes to Belize do the cave tubing. At the time the crew was awesome but I doubt it's the same now but still, if you have fun with them they have fun with you. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Carnival Spirit

Old October 5th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Nicole M

It is now going to the mexican riveria. Thank you, i read your review and it sounds like a really nice ship. The Davids was only $25 extra? I was wondering what the price was on that.
Old October 5th, 2003, 06:57 PM
wlcasper

We just booked the pride for a 2/15/04 cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I would like to know how your cruise goes.
Old October 5th, 2003, 06:58 PM
pinecone

test
Old October 5th, 2003, 08:06 PM
Kar06

I went on the Carnival Pride in March of 2002, and it was great! Everything was excellent, especially the ship! It's beautiful! Definately check out the Sunset Garden (wrap around indoor promenade) and the Butterflies Lounge!

Our cabin steward and wait staff were excellent, no complaints there. And although the dining room food was very good, definately make reservations to eat @ David's Supper Club one night. It is well worth the $25/pp surcharge!
Old October 5th, 2003, 10:36 PM
First Mate

David's is definately worth the possible one time experience...$25.00 per person, great food, great service..........

Carnival Spirit

Old October 5th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Chery

I'm going on the Carnival Pride leaving Oct 26. I can't wait. This is also my first cruise and my honeymoon/one year anniversary. We didn't get a honeymoon last year. I'm so excited!!
Old October 6th, 2003, 05:25 PM
MichelleM

Just got back from the Pride today (9/28 sailing). It was great, I loved the ship. If you have any specific questions ask away. I'll work on a review right after the laundry gets done.
Old October 6th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Anyone gone on Carnival Pride??

Hi!

I have a few questions....I am sailing on the Legend on 10/21/03 to Bermuda out of Phila. From what I undersatnd the Pride and the Legend are basically the same so I figured I could ask a few questions.

The price went down so I have the option of getting a $200 on board credit towards my sail & sign card or being upgraded. We are currently in Cabin 7302, Category 8H on Verandah Deck and the cabin is located in the back of the ship/aft/middle - actually you face backwards and it has an extended balcony. They are willing to put us in a category 9A, Cabin # 7301 which is on the starboard side toward back and is a larger cabin with a larger balcony.

So would you take the $200 or the different room?

Also was the ship crowded and were there a lot of kids. My son is 6 so I am hoping he makes some friends to go to Camp Carnival. Last time there weren't a lot of kids so he never wanted to go.

What is the average age group and is the food good? One more question - did a lot of people get sick?

I really appreciate any info. you can provide.

Thanks in advance

Judy
Old October 6th, 2003, 07:20 PM
First Mate

I also have a few questions about cruising on the Pride. Is there a 'suggested' dress code for dinner in David's ? Can you give us any ideas on an excurtion in Mazatlan or Cabo?? We are leaving on Sun. 12th. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!
Old October 7th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Linda Krueger

Default Re: Re: Anyone gone on Carnival Pride??

Hi
My husband and I are going on the Pride January 25 and have been on this same itinerary 2 years ago.
In Mazatlan we went horse back riding with Randi's Happy Horses. She is an American who will take you riding through lime groves, coconut trees etc. then you end up on the beach at a bar/grill where she will buy you a drink and then you a can order food. This is not a cruise line excursion but do not worry---if you go she will have you back to the ship on time. Look this up on the internet if you are interested and reserve a spot. She will then meet you when the ship gets into port.
In Cabo we rented jet skis and hung out at the beach. Cabo is gorgeous so enjoy!
In PV my husband David went to the bull fight with the guys from our table. They could walk there from where the ship is docked and made it back to the ship about 1/2 way through dinner and our waiter was kind enough to wait on them. They then proceeded to tell us gals all about the "killing" which made us glad we did not choose to participate.
Hope this helps!!
Old October 7th, 2003, 04:05 PM
MichelleM

Suggested dress at David's is formal. Jackets are required for men, we went on our anniversary and saw them turn away a couple with a reservation because the man didn't have a jacket on. He had to go back and get one or forfit the reservation. It is well worth the $25/person surcharge. The food was great and the atmosphere was also great.

If it were me I would take the $200 credit instead of the upgrade. All the cabins are the same size except the suites but we always get a 4A guarentee so I am happy in whatever cabin we get put in (we were in a 5A 4124 this time and it was nice to have opening french doors).

The ship was full but didn't seem like it. It was the most uncrowded ship I have ever been on, barely any lines anywhere and always deck chairs available (even by the main pool on sea days). There weren't a whole lot of kids on board but the ones that were there seemed to be having a great time. There were alot more young children on board (infant to preschool age) then older kids but I think that has something to do with the time of year and school just starting.

The food on board was great and the only sick person I saw was on a bumpy excursion ride in Cabo.

Since this was our first Mex Riv cruise we took Carnival's excurisions.
PV we went on the Tequila Factory tour. It was interesting and my DH liked the free samples at each factory (2 of them). Did a little shopping right at the pier. It was VERY HOT in all 3 ports and I am 5 months pregnant so we didn't do a whole lot of exploring since I can't tolerate the heat that well right now.
Mazatlan we did the Sierra Madre tour. It is an all day tour (7 hrs) and you visit several different places. There is a fair amount of walking on uneven surfaces and once again it is really hot inland. You stop for lunch at a "safe" spot but my DH and I both are suffering from Motezuma's revenge presently and we can pretty much trace it back to eating there. So be careful if you chose this tour. I think it might of been the pie they served but am not sure. This tour is NOT for kids or older individuals who have trouble with uneven surfaces. We had both on our bus and they were b*tching the whole time about the tour.
In Cabo San Lucas we did the Santa Maria Bay snorkeling. It was okay, not anything like the caribbean. The waves really churned up the sand and made it hard to see and the coral wasn't anything spectacular. We walked to Cabo Wabo (DH is a Sammy Hagar fan) and he had a drink and we bought a t-shirt. Nice place. It was packed because Sammy was actually in town giving a concert that night and there were 3 ships in port on Friday. There are lots of jetski's in Cabo. Watching from the Lido deck we saw 3 near collisions in under 30 minutes so be careful, just because you know how to use a jet ski doesn't mean the other guy does.
Old October 7th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Nicole M

I am also sailing on the pride on Jan. 25. Cant Wait!
Old October 8th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Rick Ferrell

I Too am sailing on the Pride on the 25th of January, as it will be our honeymoon