Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Andy B.

Default Fantasy class vs. Spirit class

Hi, our first three cruises have been on the Inspiration and Paradise. I honestly can't find a thing wrong with these ships, but have wondered what the Spirit and Destiny class ships are like. If anyone's been on all three, or two, what are your favorites? I've only got a year to plan the next one, and am curious if we should try the Legend next year.

Regarding the Spirit class, do they have assigned tables in the dining room? Seems like a lot of people to seat with only the one main dining room.

We just returned from the Sept. 21 Paradise western; my review is in the reader reviews section if anyone's interested.

Thanks for any input, Andy
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Kar06

Default Re: Fantasy class vs. Spirit class

The Pride, a Spirit-class ship, was AMAZING! I've been on the Fantasy as well, and they really don't compare. The pool deck and space is WAY better on the Pride. There is so much more room and there are big pools, with the waterslide separate, not emptying into the pool.

The lack of pool space/area was my biggest complaint on the Fantasy. The 8 night itineraries on the Legend and Spirit look amazing too.

I would say give a try to the Spirit-class ships...you won't regret it! Service was excellent, the cabins were nice, the food was great (especially the $20/pp David's Supper Club on the Pride) and the ship was beautiful. It was big, but very easy to find your way around!
Old October 10th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I've sailed on Fantasy class, Destiny class and Spirit class ships. No question the Spirit class is my favorite of the three.

The layout is excellent, and the design of the seperate stations in the buffet area, make line ups very rare. The aft deck and bar, outside on Lido deck was my favorite spot.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 11th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Kar06

I agree, the aft pool deck/area was my favorite as well. =)
Old October 11th, 2003, 09:27 AM
MichelleM

We have also sailed on Fantasy, Destiny and Spirit class ships. The Spirit class, Pride, was my favorite ship. It had a great layout.

There is still assigned tables in the dining room on the Pride, it is larger then the Fantasy class dining rooms and is two level.
Old October 11th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have also been on all 3 classes. Each has advantages and disadvantages. The larger ships are more closed in. I missed the areas that the fantasy class had where there was just a railing between you and the ocean. On the larger ships you have to go to the top decks for that. However the pools are much larger on the other classes and the back pools have retractable roofs which allow for swimming in bad weather.
Old October 11th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Captain

I agree, we have been on all 3 classes and the Pride has been our favorite. The layout of the ship makes it easy to get around. The fantasy class is my second favorite class. we have been on the Celebration, Imagination, and Sensation. We'll be on the Elation Nov 30. The Destiny class seems to me to be a little bit cluttered on the Lido deck. BUT each one was still fantastic and I would go again on any of them!!!!!

AKcruiser

Old October 12th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

We're leaving on the Spirit for the second time Oct 24th. The decor was very oppulent, and the multi-station buffet works great (so many choices!!!)

Also, our balcony cabin had phenomenol storage and was quite understated in decor (lots of wood throughout the ship, too)

Harry