Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Worst Cruise

What was your worst cruise??? ive been on 3 cruises on carnival and i havent had a problem yet they were all GREAT!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Worst Cruise

Out of four Carnival Cruises, I only had complaints about one. That was on the Holiday and our Cat. 11 suite had an obstructed view that was worse than I'd been led to believe. Because of that, sitting on the balcony just wasn't the same (looking at a life boat..) and I didn't think it was worth the money for the Cat. 11. Also, things were quite worn out (frayed carpet edges, etc.) and needed updating. Funny thing is that they sent me a 15% discount coupon - and that may have ended up backfiring on them because...

I just booked my 5th Carnival Cruise for Nov. 16th. I was applying the 15% discount coupon I had. The booking agent explained that I would get a bill, but to ignore it because once they got my coupon, that would take care of the balance. What she failed to say is that I better send it IMMEDIATELY because I would get phone calls from their inventory department treating me like a dead beat until they got that letter!!!! Within two days of booking the cruise, I got the first phone call and the lady made it sound like the world was ending because I had a $288 balance that was overdue. I explained about the discount. She said very insistently, but it was DUE ON THE 28th... I told her I just BOOKED it on the 28th! She hesitantly said ok and said she would note it on the account. Well, I had a spell of chest pains that started the next day and I didn't take care of getting the letter sent immediately. A few days later, another call. This one left a message on the answering machine that again sounded VERY pushy considering she knew about the discount because she even mentioned that and said she would "extend it for 2 more days" but that I should call them and let them know what the status was. When I called back, I let the supervisor know of my frustration with their system that seems to have some holes... Why don't they join the information age and set up their computer system to keep track of the discounts that have and haven't been used - rather than requiring the original letter be sent and harrassing their customers from the moment the cruise is booked (if it's booked close to the departure) until the letter is received...

Ah... but I will forget it all if the Cat. 11 on the Destiny will just be something close to the first cruise we took (Cat. 12) and I can sit on my balcony and relax for 7 days!

Carnival Destiny
Old March 5th, 2004, 11:15 PM
AmyAnn

You must not have been on the Fantasy with me Oct 9; it was by far worse than Norwigan and I did not think that was possible. The food was medicore and the service was better than Norweign but nothing to write home about. The ship left port on the first day and hour late with no explaination. One of the two pools didn't work on the day at sea until three in the afternoon. What good was it at that point? The carpets had stains everywhere in the hallways the day we embarked the ship; the smell was not fresh, even saw on the 9th floor where the nice rooms are a water spillage out in the hallway! One guy had to leave his room on the formal night and forgo the nice clothes for refuge. Time to burn this old ship!
Old March 6th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Yeoman

The worst cruise I have been on (over 25) was fantastic.
Old March 6th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Admiral

What's the big deal with leaving port an hour late?

You are describing a different ship than the Fantasy I sailed on in January. Can't please everyone, I guess.....

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 6th, 2004, 09:54 PM
elationismyship

What a terrible topic . . .
Old March 7th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Tuscani

Re: Worst Cruise
Author: Cruiseguy (---.tnt2.joshua-tree.ca.da.uu.net)
Date: 03-06-04 00:59

"The worst cruise I have been on (over 25) was FANTASTIC. "

I've only been on 2 cruises, both of them Carnival. But this statement says it all.

Ecstacy Oct/Nov 2004?
Elation 020104
Holiday 103102
Old March 7th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Yeoman

Tuscani, Thank You. In reality there are always some mishaps on our cruises (land vacations to). But to let that spoil mine or your vacation would be extreamly counter productive. Learn to roll with the punches. If they hand you lemons for your vacation, make lemonade.
Old March 7th, 2004, 11:28 PM
sidsammy

I think Cruiseguy and Tuscani have the right idea. Though everything is not the "ideal" we (hope to) expect., it's really pretty good. I think the bottom line is, you either like cruising, or you don't. I like sailing on the ocean. I don't feel I need to know an island intimately for a week at a time. I like to have some idea (though it is always more than I expected!) what I am going to pay on the vacation. I just like to know that it doesn't matter what time I get up, night or day, there is still something I can get to eat. I like to know that my travelling companions and I don't have to decide on the same entertainment for the night. We can all go do what we want. And, the cool thing about a ship is, if you show up alone in one of its venues, know one looks at you like "what are you doing here alone?". Hey, maybe no one would anywhere else, either. But if my husband prefers to watch TV in a hotel room, I'm not likely to go do anything else by myself...but, on a ship, I feel, at ease, to go and do what I like. Cruising is good (at least for me). Even my worst cruise had its highlights!
Old March 7th, 2004, 11:47 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to shubaby

worst was the Fantasy
it was not bad, just not as good as the other 2

Royal Caribbean/ Sovereign of the Seas 2000
Carnival/Fantasy 2001
Disney/Wonder 2003
S.O.S. JUNE 04
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Yeoman

Example: we have cruised Mexico 20 times plus because we live on the west coast and its convenient. We really don't care for Mexico that much but its the thrill of the cruise that gets us. To us, the ship is the destination. Safe, good food, good service, good entertainment, good friends and relaxing. IT DON'T GET BETTER THEN THAT!!!!!!