Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2003, 08:34 AM
wild241or22

Default adult fun

hi , are there any swingers going on the jubilee from galveston to cozumel nov. 20 th thru the 25th?
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Default Re: adult fun

Mike, I really think you are one of the fairest moderators here so please don't take offense BUT.....if the poster had said "hi , are there any GAY/LESBIAN swingers going on the jubilee from galveston to cozumel nov. 20 th thru the 25th?" Would that have been okay?

Old October 13th, 2003, 09:39 PM
pinecone

Also, you should check out some of the postings over on the teen thread--there are definately inconsistencies here.
Old October 14th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: adult fun

Mike is correct. If there is any overt solicitation then it is deleted, period, doesn't matter what board it is on. Many people wish to know if there are others of like backgrounds but there are differant ways of finding out and for differant reasons as well. These are family style boards and we hate to delete anything but it is not an easy task and we discuss many posts privately among ourselves to reach a sensible conclusion. Outright solicitaion is not allowed be it gay, straight, swinger, or anything else. Lets have a little pride in ourselves and not do anything that we know would offend.
Jim

Old October 14th, 2003, 10:40 AM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: Re: adult fun

Just curious, how could that post have been worded to sound better and get their message across?
Old October 14th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

There is always a human interpretation of the Terms of Service rules, and what is approriate. Rick has accused me more than once<G>, of being quick on the delete trigger.

Oddly, I would have, in fact, ignored this particular post. It's not a lifestyle I care for, but it was without any overt innuendo or suggestion. And it wasn't encouraging any type of illegal act.

Sometimes it's difficult for all of us to seperate what we ourselves think is inappropriate from what's acceptable as a post. But I do agree with Rick... Mike does an exceptional job monitoring the boards, and if there's someone's good judgement you'd want to rely on, he's the guy!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 14th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Starfighter

I don't always agree with Mike's decisions, but this time I agree with his opinion completely.
Old October 14th, 2003, 02:24 PM
TampaMike

I fail to see the problem. There ARE people in the swinging community and they DO cruise. So what is so terrible if they attempt to make contact via a post that is clearly labeled as "Adult fun" ??
Old October 15th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Ya know, I have to agree with you TampaMike and Rick. Just substitute the word swingers with gays and the post is not a problem with the moderators. Such as:

"hi, are there any Gays going on the Jubilee from Galveston to Cozumel"

Doesn't seem to border at all on the solicitation fence. Just asking if "family" is going to be on board in my opinion.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 15th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Starfighter

You may be partially right, even though I don't completely agree. However, I'm not sure you and I agree on the meaning of swingers. In my profession, I occasionally come in contact with people who engage in this type of behavior. It's generally related to wife swapping and multiple partners. The words "swingers" and "gays" are not synonymous.
Old October 15th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Explain to me why the gay lifestyle is appropriate for these boards but swinging lifestyle is not. It doesn't matter to me what a person's sexuality is, just curious why both (and any others for that matter) aren't treated with the same respect.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 15th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: adult fun

Thomas,
E-mail me privately and I will explain the reasoning. It is not approprate for this board to provide a detailed discription of this 'lifestyle' and will not be done.
Jim