Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Heather908

Default Which ship?

Which ship would you recommend for two single girls (ages 22/23) traveling to celebrate their college graduation????
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Laurie J

Default Re: Which ship?

Heather908, my husband and i just came off the Sensation 4 day to cozumel. We had a great time. You have a day at sea and a whole day in Cozumel where everyone goes into town to Carlos and charlies or stays near the ship at Fat Tuesday either way you cant go wrong!! The night club on the ship also was rockin every night. Then you have another full day at sea and the party continues.
Whatever ship you choose, just make your own party!!

Have fun!!!!
Old October 13th, 2003, 07:40 PM
First Mate

Hello, 22 here and already booked my 4th cruise. I would def. go on a carnival cruise that goes to Cozumel. Well if you like to party!! I have done the fascination to key west and cozumel (and have another booked) and had the best time. The disco on the boat is fun, just beware there are alot of younger kids 15-18 that go there also, but seems to be older as it gets later. Any questions feel free to email me.

Michele
Old October 13th, 2003, 08:15 PM
Helper

Well, for Carnival, personally I would only recommend Destiny-class and newer. It is the older ships that unfortunately give Carnival the not so great name. However, lots of people here seem to enjoy the older ones a lot so perhaps quality has become better on them. Anyhow, Destiny, Spirit, and Conquest class ships are newer, bigger, and more fun. I would go with any of them.
Old October 13th, 2003, 09:22 PM
sls

Depends on how long you want to go and where. East Coast, West Coast? If yoou narrow it down a little you'll get lots of ideas.

sls

Conquest 9 Nov 2003
Old October 14th, 2003, 02:31 PM
TampaMike

I completely disagree with Helpers post. We recently cruised on the Sensation, one of the :older" ships. It was our first Carnival cruise and we went with much trepidation, not expecting very much from "the K-Mart" of cruise ships. Well boy were we wrong. We had the absolute BEST time ever and I would recommend cruising on the Sensation to anyone. In fact, it was posts like Helper's that bolstered our fear of having a less than good time on board. Thankfully all of the negative reviewers couldn't have been more wrong.
Old October 14th, 2003, 02:49 PM
MikeW114

I recommend..umm..uh..Carnival Conquest...8/8/04
Old October 14th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

i would go with carnival because ive been on 3 cruises and had a great time on all of them and im 21 so its party all nite long on carnival recommend the Triumph they have a hyper crew and very funny and they like to party hope yah have a good cruise
Old October 18th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Helper

TampaMike I am glad you enjoyed your cruise. In my post I did say that I have heard people like the older ones so perhaps quality increased. Apparently it did, so people will hopefully open their eyes to all Carnival ships.
Old October 18th, 2003, 02:22 PM
LHP

I would definately recommend Carnival. My hubby started sailing with them over 20 years ago as a single person and now we cruise as a family. I would recommend any ship that goes to Cozumel. We just got back from our 4th cruise with Carnival this year. And since the largest ship will have the most chance (percentage wise) to "meet someone" .... I would have to suggest the Conquest. It goes to Cozumel, Jamaica and Grand Cayman.