Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Beginner

Default Help!!!! Need advice

Dh and I are scheduled to cruise Thanksgiving. Dh learned yesterday that he may have to work that week. He works on commission and his district just got big client. While the money will be good, it may mean changes in our travel plans.

I call our TA and she said our choices were to cancel by the 23rd and loose our deposit ($500), rebook a sailing within two weeks of our oringinal sail date and not loose the deposit (not possible I'm a teacher), or find a friend to go with me and pay $50 for a name change on the docs. I have a friend who has already said she would go with me if we decided to do it that way. Since we only paid $590 pp we really would not be loosing any more money and I would get to cruise, but it wouldn't be the same since dh and I have been planning this for months.

What would you do in my shoes?

Dh may get to go, but we don't know if he will know by the time we need to make a decision.

Thanks for your advice!!!

Kaley
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2003, 12:17 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Help!!!! Need advice

It is unfortunate that your dh might miss the trip but how does he feel about the friend going? If he is ok with it then I would probably take the friend rather than lose any money.

Just my two cents.

Carnival Spirit

Old October 17th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Beginner

Dh is fine with the friend idea. His opinion is that he would prefer I get to enjoy it than to loose the money altogether.
Old October 17th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

One question - what is a "dh?"
Old October 17th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Admiral

(D)ear (H)usband sounds like he is in a real pickle. Something I would explore is can he continue to work while on the ship? There is internet and email and (sometimes) cell phone service and (most all the time) ship to shore phone service. Does he actually have to be face-to-face with the new client that particular week? Can somebody fill in for him while he's gone? Can he prepare the week before the cruise to take care of the customer the week of the cruise?

I would explore any option to stay on your original schedule until all avenues have been exhausted.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 17th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Help!!!! Need advice

Thanks for the ideas Thomas. We are exploring all avenues. Dh sells insurance and the problem will be a deadline to see new people so he does have to be face-to-face. We are still hoping for a deadline change and his district manager is working to help us try and stay with our original plan. The problem is we may not know for sure by the time we have to make a decision. Dh will not let his district manager down as he has been very good to us and in a commission based field that helps. So we are trying to be patient and at the same time move forward with deciding on plan B.