Dh and I are scheduled to cruise Thanksgiving. Dh learned yesterday that he may have to work that week. He works on commission and his district just got big client. While the money will be good, it may mean changes in our travel plans.
I call our TA and she said our choices were to cancel by the 23rd and loose our deposit ($500), rebook a sailing within two weeks of our oringinal sail date and not loose the deposit (not possible I'm a teacher), or find a friend to go with me and pay $50 for a name change on the docs. I have a friend who has already said she would go with me if we decided to do it that way. Since we only paid $590 pp we really would not be loosing any more money and I would get to cruise, but it wouldn't be the same since dh and I have been planning this for months.
What would you do in my shoes?
Dh may get to go, but we don't know if he will know by the time we need to make a decision.
(D)ear (H)usband sounds like he is in a real pickle. Something I would explore is can he continue to work while on the ship? There is internet and email and (sometimes) cell phone service and (most all the time) ship to shore phone service. Does he actually have to be face-to-face with the new client that particular week? Can somebody fill in for him while he's gone? Can he prepare the week before the cruise to take care of the customer the week of the cruise?
I would explore any option to stay on your original schedule until all avenues have been exhausted.
Thanks for the ideas Thomas. We are exploring all avenues. Dh sells insurance and the problem will be a deadline to see new people so he does have to be face-to-face. We are still hoping for a deadline change and his district manager is working to help us try and stay with our original plan. The problem is we may not know for sure by the time we have to make a decision. Dh will not let his district manager down as he has been very good to us and in a commission based field that helps. So we are trying to be patient and at the same time move forward with deciding on plan B.