Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2003, 10:53 AM
RJN

Default No room number when paperwork arrived?

When I booked with Carnival on the phone they told me my room number, now my paperworkd arrived and I dont have a room number to put on my luggage tags. They will tell me it at embarkation, is this unusual. I going solo on an inside, lower deck.
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: No room number when paperwork arrived?

What has happened is that they are going to give you and upgrade and your exact cabin has not been determnined at this time. Not to worry as when you drop off your luggage the porter will have a manifest which will show the cabin you have been assigned ans they can add it to your luggage tags right then and there. Good luck and hope you get a great cabin!.
Jim

Old October 19th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Captain

If you booked with an agent and were given a room number about a year ago....but now the catagory is sold out.is it possible that we could get an upgrade that way, being that we booked so far in advance? And if your DOCS have a cabin number on them does that mean definetly NO upgrade?
Was hoping since we booked so far back and it sold out about a month ago that we might.
Old October 19th, 2003, 01:21 PM
First Mate

We're in the same *boat* (pardon the pun)...we purchased through a travel agent and when our travel docs came it did include room number. Does this mean NO upgrade? If not, what is the best way to ask for one?

We leave THIS Friday, 10/24 Carnival Spirit!
Old October 19th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: No room number when paperwork arrived?

Normally if you are assigned a room you are not booking a GTY but you are booking a specific cabin. The Cruise line assumes that you wanted this specific cabin for a reason and they are not going to upgrade or move you without your permission. They should notify your TA if they want your cabin and make a upgrade offer then to see if you accept. Bottom line, if you have a cabin # the odds are 99.9% you are getting that cabin.
Jim

Old October 19th, 2003, 05:44 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the info. Bummer, we never asked for a specific cabin and were hoping for an upgrade. Oh well, we're in a cat 8a and I'm sure we'll have a blast.