Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default upper berths in family rooms

we are planning to cruise in 2005 summer, taking our children and grandchildren ages 5,8, 11, and 12. our plan is to put kids in rooms with parents and probably one kid in with my husband and i. i understand the rooms would have upper berths that come down. i am assuming a room like this would sleep 4. now my question is how comfortable are these upper berths? are they appropriate for small children or an adult as well. everyone we talk to exphacizes, do not spend lots of money on rooms. it is wasted money. they say get inside cabins, bunk kids with you and do not let that part of the cruise get you stressed. my husband are paying for everything so anything we can saave money, hooray. help me on this. patty
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2003, 12:43 PM
luv2getaway

Default Re: upper berths in family rooms

We have cruised many times with our children. The upper berths are the same size as the lower beds and are very comfortable. You will have a great time!
Old October 19th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Admiral

The uppers have the same mattress as the lower beds and there really is no differance in comfort.
Jim

Old October 19th, 2003, 06:01 PM
First Mate

The upper berths are comfortable, just have the kids becareful when getting up and down because the ladder does slide a little bit. But they are folded up the majority of the time and dont take up any space.

Michele
Old October 19th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Passenger

We had 4 adults in one room with the two upper berths and they never complained about them :-)

Old October 20th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

There's also a small railing so they don't fall down. My kids LOVED the upper berths. They also fold up for daytime.
Old October 21st, 2003, 06:40 AM
Passenger

I second everyone's comments - upper berths are very comfortable. I go on an annual "girls" cruise with 2 other friends and being the youngest (at 44!) I'm elected to the upper berth. My only problem is getting up into it, the ladder rails are a little thin & Kind of hurt my feet. But that's just whining on my part, actually really like it once i'm up there.

My second comment is -- would you like to adopt my family into yours? Just kidding. We have 2 girls and if, after we pay for college & weddings, etc., would love to take our girls & their families on a cruise. Something to look forward to and save for!

Have a great trip.

Nancy