Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2003, 03:27 PM
liwarren

Default How long does it take passengers to get off ship at port

I'm curious how long it actually takes for a ship the size of the Victory to get everyone off the ship in port. I have friends meeting us in St. Maarten with a car, and need to sort of have an idea of when they should come. Our ship itinerary says we are in St. Maarten from 11a-7pm. We want to make the MOST of it while we are there, as we have places we really LOVE to visit. We are so lucky to have friends there to give us a car so we don't have to spend our time doing that. I just don't want for them to have to wait on us or vice versa. You know, I have THINGS TO DO THERE!!! lol
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: How long does it take passengers to get off ship at port

Hi Liwarren,
A lot would depend on if you tender there or not, our last trip there earlier this year we had to tender. If not, its fairly quick, not everyone does get off and not at the same time, but I would think if you had your friends meet you around noon, you should be off.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 20th, 2003, 04:31 PM
jamie gunter

They have to clear the ship before they let anyone off also with customs. I would plan for 12:00 to be safe. You never know either if you are gonna get into port on time. We got into Cozumel 4 hours late on our last cruise because of a crew member in critical condition. The ship had to go back to Grand Caymen to get him to a hospital. Good luck. I have been to St. Martin before and I think we tendered in, but that was with Disney, Carnival may have a dock.
Old October 20th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Admiral

I would say that you will be able to get ashore by 11:30. All they have to do is secure the gangway and ties the ship up. You will not have to go through customs there.
Jim