Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2003, 08:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default room assignment

is there a way to find out what room you are in and the location of the room on the boat if we have not received our documents yet? Our TA booked us as "TBA - 4A", stated this would be best way to get an upgrade. Also, how is the room set up? there will be me, my husband and two child-11 & 3.... what documents are needed for the children to board the boat?
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2003, 10:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: room assignment

Your TA will have your room assignement about two or three weeks before your sailing date in most cases. SOmetimes you must wait until you get to the pier before you find out your cabin.
Your room will consist of two lowers and two uppers or one upper and a sofabed depending on the cat cabin you end up with. 95% chance it wilol be two lowers and two uppers.
You will need either a passport or your original issued birth certificate and a photo ID such as a drivers license for the adults. The kids will need their original issued ID's or passports, no photo necessary. Now if the kids have a differant last name make sure you have the dsocumentation to show why. If one or both of the children are step kids or adopted then you need either the signed permission of the absent parent to take them out of the country or documentation for the adopted child.
Jim

Old October 23rd, 2003, 07:02 AM
Legend

The only thing you need for the children is an origianl birth certificate (if they're adopted from another country then you would need proof they are now US citizens or have the right to be back in the US). You don't need a letter from an absent parent that' s ONLY if you're staying Mexico for more than 24 hours.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 07:59 AM
LetsGo

Once again...JimBragg ( Mr. Know it all) has dealt out wrong information! He stated that you will need" your ORIGINAL birth certificate" for proof of citizenship. This is NOT true. A state issued certified copy of your certificate is acceptable. Trust me...he had me all worried and I called Carnival and found out the TRUE information! Sailing this Sunday on the Elation and will ley everyone know how it was!
Old October 23rd, 2003, 08:40 AM
Passenger

Lighten up Let's go..

Carnival Destiny
Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: room assignment

Not true Legend. You will need a written notorized letter from any absent parent to take a minor child on a cruise. It is Federal Law that makes it illegal to remove a minor for the jurisdiction of the USA without the consent of the absent parent. If they ask for it and you cannot produce it, you will not be allowed to take the child onboard. Is it always done or asked for? No, but if it happens then your vacation is ruined and that isn;t worth it.
Jim

Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: room assignment

Lets Go, besides from being a personal attack which is not allowed by the Terms of Service here, you are overreacting and mistating. An "Original Birth Certificate" is the same as a "State Certified Copy". It does not mean the one that was printed at your birth. The State issued one IS an "Original" for legal purposes. If you read the brochure that Carnival puts out you will see the same wording as I used. I am not deleting your personal attack, my shoulders are big enough.
Jim

Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:21 PM
kelwhy

Default Re: Re: Re: room assignment

I am a single dad with a 4 & 8 year olds had to go back to court to show I have leagal and physical custody for the mexico trip did not need other parents signature in this case but must have birth certs. and right paper work and no worries