Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2003, 01:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Book Now on our CM group cruise on the Pride

Sign up now and get complimentary upgrade on our CruiseMates Group Cruise on the Pride, Feb.1/04, Mexican Riviera. ..... and excellent pricing!!!!

Deposits have to be in by Nov 8 to take advantage of the upgrades.

Enjoy the cruise with your CruiseMates host Mike Lari, our programmer and layout person.. and learn about the behind the scenes work at CruiseMates.

Here's the link for all the details http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/.../Pride2004.cfm

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2003, 06:53 PM
911Marci

Default Re: Book Now on our CM group cruise on the Pride

HI, I just booked this cruise and can hardly wait!!!! Would love to talk with other cruisers.....

911Marci
Old October 23rd, 2003, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Hey Marci.. Congrats on the booking!! Know you guys will have a great time. Sorry I can't be there. Sure other people booking will start posting on the board soon, and as more book.

Old October 23rd, 2003, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I'm very tempted -- will decide when we get back from the Acapulco cruise Nov. 1 (leaving tomorrow on the Spirit!!!)

Harry
Old October 24th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Harry... Have a GREAT cruise on the Spirit!!! Sure after all the fun, you'll be ready to do it all again on the Pride <G>

I love this class of ship.
Old October 24th, 2003, 04:24 PM
MichelleM

You all will have a great time on this cruise. We went on it at the end of September and had a wonderful time. Would love to come with but Carnival doesn't let you sail nine months pregnant which I will be in Feb.
Old October 25th, 2003, 01:54 AM
Passenger

Hi Everyone,

I am Mike Lari, the host on the “Pride of the West” Cruisemates cruise on the Carnival Pride. I can’t believe how low the prices are for this cruise, especially for upgraded balcony staterooms. I am really looking forward to this cruise and can not wait to meet everyone that is planning to join us.

Since very few know who I am or what I do, here is some information.

As Kuki mentioned, I am the Production and Layout technician for Cruisemates. My primary responsibilities are maintaining the entire Reader Review section of the site plus formatting and posting every daily article you see. I am also responsible for choosing the Picture of the Week, Review of the Week and the Hot Topics. There are other things that I do that small in comparison but I am sure you get the idea.

Computer work is only a portion of the things that I do. I have been a licensed Amateur Radio Operator(Ham Radio) for 25 years. I also have done semi-professional photography over the years but lost interest because of the expense (and the messy chemicals). The new digital technology has re-kindled my interest again and it is one of my favorite hobbies.

I am also no stranger to cruises. This will be my 14th cruise since 1996. The vast majority of my cruises were with Royal Caribbean so this cruise will certainly be unique for my wife and me. This will be our second cruise to the Mexican Riviera but it will be our first cruise with Carnival. Since I read every review that comes to Cruisemates, I have a real good idea what it will be like but, no two people are alike and what is great for one may not be the same for another so, this will be very exciting for us.

My work has become quite popular on many of the cruise message boards throughout the internet. I developed an exclusive information website about Royal Caribbean’s “Explorer of the Seas” ( http://www.qwikfyx.com/Cruises/Explorer2/index.htm
).

I have been considering having a simple seminar on one of the days at sea on “The Basics of Digital Photography”, “Website Development” or both. I am open to suggestions too!

In closing, I hope that many of you join me and my wife on this great cruise… I am really looking forward to whale watching, sightseeing, and meeting all of you.

If you would like to see my some of my other work, it can be found here:
http://www.qwikfyx.com

Mike Lari
Old October 27th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Admiral

My wife and I had the pleasure this weekend of attending a party in the Miami area where we met the young lady who is reporting to the Spirit in a couple weeks to become the Chief Purser. Cassandra is a wonderful person and I told her I would give her the exact dates of the CM cruise.
Jim

Old October 28th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Jim...Look forward to meeting Cassandra on the Spirit. The CruiseMates group on her is on the Jan. 26 /04 sailing.

The Pride sailing is Feb. 1/04 out of LA. Maybe you also have some friends on her as well for the CM gang to look up?

Old October 28th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Book Now on our CM group cruise on the Pride

Hey gang, we just booked the Pride today, I'm told that I'm the 14th so far and its only been up a few days, Good work Kuki. Mike, are you planning any parties or get togethers ala Kuki? Its going to be great. !!!!THANKS GUYS!!!!
Old November 15th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Passenger

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for not getting in here more often but, I have been burried with work the last few weeks. You may be noticing some changes in the website. Those changes have been keeping me busy for about 12 hours a day.

Anyway, once this transition is complete, I will be more active on the boards.

They have extended the cut off date for the upgrades so, go for it! This should be a real blast!

Mike Lari
Old November 15th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Mike... the changes look really good!! Such a nice clean look, and the top part of the screen isn't consumed any more<G>

After all this work you're going to enjoy your cruise even more!!

Old November 15th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Changes look great, Mike.

And, yep, as you may know, we are now booked on the Pride -- couldn't pass up those rates.

Best part is most of our dinner clothes are still in the dry cleaner bags from the Oct 24th cruise on the Spirit, so just a little Febreeze and we are ready to roll.

:-)

Harry
Old November 16th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Mike,
The more I'm on the site, the more I like the changes. I can imagine all the time this took, we do appreciate your efforts!

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Shar, Cruiseguy, Marci, Mark, et al ...

Pardon the soon-to-be-generic message, but I was thinking let's consolidate trip/port/hotel/cruise sharing information under a new thread.

That way we can all check under one message thread for news about the Cruisemates cruise on the Pride (and all others joining us will know where to go).

I will set up a new post/thread titled "Cruisemates Cruise on the Pride" under the "Cruisemates Cruises" section under "People."

I hope this way all of us can check in for the latest news in the quickest manner -- we had about 4-5 notes going on different boards here.

Hope that's OK. ... Gonna post this on the other message threads now, too.

Harry