Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Rufus

Default Conquest Questions

We are going on the Carnival Conquest on Nov. 16 and are really really looking forward to it. I have been reading the boards when I can, but have a question. Are there laundry facilities on board and more specifically irons and boards? Are they on every floor? I am trying not to pack more than I need to, which is hard to begin with, but it would save me from having to pack a travel iron. It seems that every ship is different.

Also, I haven't really seen any recent reviews, so if any of you are going before this time, please let us know how it was and any tips that would help us.

Much Appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Captain

Default Re: Conquest Questions

We are going on the 16th also........there are laundry facilities I guess, but a travel iron is going with me.....seems the others are in use when I need them. Besides you can use it in your cabin which is a BIG advantage.

Sensation

Old October 24th, 2003, 01:29 PM
First Mate

There are self serve laundries on each passenger deck. They contain coin operated washers, driers and soap dispensers. They also have iron and ironing board for free usage.
Old October 24th, 2003, 01:45 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: Conquest Questions

I went on the Conquest in June. We had a blast and it was a beautiful ship.
There are irons adn ironing boards and washer and dryers. Bringing a travel iron is a worse offense than liquor. Don't get caught. Unless you are flying there is no big deal on overpacking nobody knows unless you tell them.

Did you get a room with a balcony? If so you will love it, beautiful ocean out there and you can see it anytime. I know you will have fun and I wish it were me going.

About reviews I have noticed some folks post their reviews on these boards. I haven't read a negative one yet.
Old October 24th, 2003, 05:15 PM
First Mate

My husband and I just returned from the Conquest on Sunday. There are self serve laundry facilities on the following decks 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 and 9. They are across from cabins 1359, 2367, 6387, 7339, 8351 and 9270. Washers are $2.00 and dryers are $2.00 per load (quarters only) and soap is available for $.75 per box. There is an iron and ironing board in each laundry facility. I always take a travel iron or travel steamer with me when we go on cruises. I don't want to have to go to the laundry room each night to iron my clothes.
Old October 27th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Rufus

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.