Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2003, 05:37 PM
cantw82cruz

Default Any scuba diving info for grand cayman and cozumel

We are cruising on the conquest in february. My brother is into scuba diving so I'm trying to find some info and recommendations from anyone who's gone scuba diving in cozumel or grand cayman. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2003, 09:08 PM
leesmits

Default Re: Any scuba diving info for grand cayman and cozumel

Just got back from there on Triumph, dove at both Cozumel and Cayman. First time diving at either port, and they were both everything I heard they would be as far as some of the most spectacular diving in the world.

Booked both dives through the ship. Dove the Santa Rosa wall (80 ft.) and Paridise reef (45 ft.) in Cozumel, and in Cayman we dove the Notre Dame Cathederal of the West Wall (100 ft.) and the wreck of the Oral Verde (50 ft.). The Cayman dive was a bit pricey ($119.00), but the operation was top notch (Bob Soto's) and was on a brand new dive boat.
Old October 29th, 2003, 10:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Any scuba diving info for grand cayman and cozumel

Bob Soto"?? Anymore infor available. Sounds like a great trip. Are these available for those that have never scuba'ed before? I am a strong swimmer, just never had the tanks on.
Old October 30th, 2003, 09:41 PM
leesmits

Default Re: Any scuba diving info for grand cayman and cozumel

Yes, they do have what they call a discover scuba diving excursion that can be booked though the ship. Bob Soto's also handles that in Grand Cayman. They give you a quick course in scuba diving basics and then take you on a guided dive to about 25 ft. for about 20-30 minutes. This can also count as your first dive towards your certification if you start the certification course within 1 year.

I started with a discover scuba diving excursion in St. Maarten a year ago, and now I can't dive enough! I just love the mystery and wonder of it all, and I really love all the toys and gadgets you get to use!