Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2003, 06:44 PM
First Mate

Default Swimming w/ dolphins West Caribbean

HELP!I contacted one place in Cozumel to make reservations to swim with the dolphins in Feb. but they dont have any openings. (for actually swimming with them) My daughters are really looking forward to it and Carnival told me to make sure that I book as soon as I arrive on the ship or there wont be any openings. Anyone know of anyplace I can go to? We will be docking in Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya. My daughters would be crushed if they are unable to do this. :O(
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Swimming w/ dolphins West Caribbean

Did you try Dolphin Discovery?
Old October 28th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Bonnie, it seems to me that you could also book thru Carnival. What is the problem then?! Your daughters think they may be crushed but if they heard of some of the things I have read, missing out may be a good thing afterall. I don't mean to put a damper on your activities but seems like that's all anyone wants to do anymore. I do love dolphins and would love to swim with them but I won't anymore after what I read.
Old October 28th, 2003, 08:10 AM
First Mate

Hello, I booked through shoretours.com, we swam in cozumel and it was one of the most exciting thing I have ever done. And it was 60 dollars cheaper than booking through carnival.
any questions feel free to email.

Michele
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:32 PM
ANNA WRIGHT

MY SISTER AND I SWAM WITH THE DOPHINS IN COZUMEL. WE BOOKED THE TOUR THROUGH CARNIVAL. JUST MAKE SURE YOU BOOK THE TOUR AS SOON AS YOU GET IN YOUR CABIN. ON THE CONQUEST YOU BOOK YOUR TOURS USING YOUR IN CABIN TV. AS FAR AS THE DOLPHIN SWIM IT WAS GREAT. REMEMBER IF YOU BOOK A TOUR ON YOUR OWN AND YOU RUN LATE THE SHIP WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOU.
Old October 29th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you are sailing out of Miami you might come a day or two early to do a dolphin swim in the Florida Keys. There are several places in Key Largo and other Keys that offer such programs.
Old October 30th, 2003, 12:16 PM
ready to go

I too am a huge dolphin lover, but would never book a tour to swim with them. They are kept in small tanks and forced to "perform" for people and let them hang all over them. If you really love dolphins, consider NOT supporting this industry that goes out and kidnaps dolphins from their families and locking them up for our entertainment. Instead look for nature tours where you might see wildlife in the wild, or do stingray city, where the rays are free to come and go as they please. Sorry, just my opinion.
Old October 30th, 2003, 12:42 PM
First Mate

I do understand what you are saying however, I very much believe in God but do not push my beliefs to anyone who doesn't ask for them. I know you are just feeling sorry for the dolphins and I would be totally happy with forgoing the experience, but I am not doing it for me I am doing it for my almost adult kids who make their own choices in life. (Something God has given us is the ability to make our own choices) It isn't like they are little tykes that I can talk them out of it by using logic. They are old enough to understand that this will happen wether or not they choose to do it. I promise that they will be completely respectful of the dolphins while we are there. If it helps, the reason we would never own a bird or fish is because of the entrapment of it. We don't even tie up our dogs unless it is totally necessary (for their protection). And please, don't say that if I believed in God then I would have mercy for his animals or that am just rationalizing it that I am not the one entrapping them. Like I said, we have the very best intentions.
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:03 PM
ready to go

Who said anything about GOD???? I believe I was just stating my opinion about the whole "animals for entertainment" industry. Of course, the activity will go on whether you or I go or not, but I just wanted to state an alternate viewpoint. Yes, it's a phenomenal experience for us, but what about the dolphins? I don't see anyone suggesting anything about GOD. It has nothing to do with him (her?) - it has to do with the way humans have always treated animals.
Old October 31st, 2003, 01:46 PM
First Mate

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. I guess I expressed myself wrong. What I meant was whether it is a belief in animal freedom, God or anything else in perticuliar... I would never rain on anyones parade by pushing my beliefs or concerns where they weren't asked for. Now if they were asked for then I guess I would have a lot to say :O)
Again, I am sorry if I offended you. It is just that this is the last vacation that I will be able to get all my kids together since they are either in college, graduated from college or last year in high school so I wanted to make the most of it.
Old October 31st, 2003, 02:00 PM
First Mate

2/15/04 Wooohoooo!!!! Inspiration Western Caribbean