Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2003, 10:32 PM
BremarNov2

Default Dining room first night

Please tell me if you have to eat in the dining room the first night on the paradise? I am wondering how I will pack my dining clothes into an 11x17 carry on bag just in case I don't get my luggage in time. That 11x17..is that 11 inches thickness? 17 inches height? It was suggested that in case you don't get your luggage right away in the stateroom that you should pack clothes for the dining room in your carry on. Can some of you tell me what you have done? Brenda<>< Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Dining room first night

You do not have to eat in the Dining Room ever if you don't want to. And as far as the first night, they understand that some of the luggage may not be delivered in time for dinner, so the dress that night is casual.
Old October 27th, 2003, 11:16 PM
BremarNov2

Default Re: Re: Dining room first night

thanks for your reply Windstar. I just don't think I can make the shoes fit in the carry on since it is so small. I am glad to hear about their understanding that some will not have their luggage..Brenda<><
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Just wear something nice upon embarkation in case you don't get your luggage in time for dinner. You don't have to dress up for the first night as it is understood that some people won't have their things, but don't deny yourself the better of the meals because you are not dressed appropriately.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Bremar,
I usually just pack a skirt and a pair of shoes, nylons and just wear a sweater or blouse while traveling with a comfortable pair of jeans I can just change into the skirt?? I try to keep the carry-on as light as possible.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 28th, 2003, 11:56 PM
BremarNov2

Default Re: Re: Dining room first night

Yes I agree keeping the carry on light as possible is where it is at I could not decide if the carry on size means just width and height or thickness. 11x17 sounds small. Thanks for your reply.Brenda<><