Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2003, 04:41 PM
lizygirl3

Default Ships Leaving Miami Port In Nov. Have been deverted

FROM THE CARNIVAL WEBSITE

The Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) Ministerial Meeting and Business Forum will be held in downtown Miami in November.

This important meeting is expected to attract over 100,000 visitors to a very concentrated area in downtown directly adjacent to the Port of Miami. We have carefully assessed this situation and have determined that the massive congestion that will be created by this meeting would result in a serious disruption to our operation from the Port of Miami during this time.

As a result, we will change the embarkation and/or debarkation port from Miami to Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) for the following cruise departures:

Paradise
Saildate: 11/2/03
Embark: Miami
Debark: Port Everglades

Saildate: 11/9/03
Embark: Port Everglades

Saildate: 11/16/03
Debark: Miami

Carnival Triumph
Saildate: 11/8/03

Saildate: 11/15/03

Saildate: 11/22/03

Carnival Victory
Saildate: 11/9/03

Saildate: 11/16/03

Fascination
Saildate: 11/10/03

Saildate: 11/14/03 and 11/17/03

Saildate: 11/21/03

Imagination
Saildate: 11/10/03

Saildate: 11/15/03

Saildate: 11/20/03

Carnival will handle the logistics for this change as follows:

Guests with air and/or transfers purchased from Carnival: Carnival will adjust the transfers to correspond with the changes to the embarkation or debarkation port.

Guests with air purchased independently: Guests can purchase motorcoach transfers from Carnival. If guests elect to obtain an independent transfer (taxi, etc.), Carnival will not be responsible for this cost.

Guests driving to the pier: Guests should park at the appropriate port of embarkation. In the event the ship returns to a different port of debarkation, Carnival will provide a complimentary motorcoach transfer back to the port of embarkation. Carnival will adjust the transfers to correspond with the changes to the embarkation or debarkation port.

We sincerely apologize for these itinerary changes. However, they will enable us to offer the best possible cruise experience for all of our guests.
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Ships Leaving Miami Port In Nov. Have been deverted

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I should call my TA in the morning.

Michael
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:14 AM
BremarNov2

Thanks for telling us this I leave in two days! so I will call my TA in the moring as well....I am leaving on the paradise to Miami..So is it saying because I got my air thru Carnival that they will adjust my plane tickets to make sure I get to the other port or how is that done? BRenda<><
Old October 31st, 2003, 08:39 AM
BremarNov2

I just spoke with my TA and she got through to the special desk they call it at Carnival and the free trade thing is not until the 16th and our personal flights on the 2nd of November have not changed. Despite what they have posted on the website...I understand that it is in the middle of Novemebr and if they had to arrange motorcoach to get you to the right airport they will after debarkation, and if you didn't book from Carnival ...it will be available to purchase should that become necessary. The people I would be more concerned about are theones that know nothing about and they drive to the port of Miami later in the month and find they are supposed to embark in Ft.Lauderdale. Just check with the TA Brenda<><