Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2003, 12:10 AM
Passenger

Default Bring your own alcohol

I want to bring some wine or something to have for the night before the cruise in the hotel. I plan to stop at duty free when I cross into the U.S. in my vehicle to go to the airport in Buffalo.

Can you carry alcohol onto an airplane in your carry on? I don't want to have to repack my checked baggage if I don't have to.

Thanks for your help.

We leave in 1 week.

kp

Inspiration

Sensation 03/03
Carnival Legend 11/02
Holiday 11/01
Sensation 11/00
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2003, 07:14 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Bring your own alcohol

Hi...yes, you can travel with alcohol in your carry on....as a matter of fact, on our way home our friends purchased 4 bottles of alcohol on the ship and carried it home as his carry on.... No one ever questioned him.

But don't try to bring alcohol on to the ship in a carry on....they xray your baggage for bottles shaped like wine bottles....I was carring a small bottle of cherry juice in a wine shaped bottle and the xray machine picked it up, they searched my carry on and examined the bottle before allowing me to take it on board....Just put it in your luggage, they don't check that. However, the airlines now go through your luggage and will "lock" the luggage with a blue tie strap showing that your luggage has been searched. We weren't missing anything, including the booze we took, but I would suggest that you don't put anything that is valuable in your luggage.

Have a great Cruise!
Old November 1st, 2003, 08:02 AM
TimT

Default Re: Bring your own alcohol

Cruisefan: We left out of Buffalo/Niagara Airport last year on a trip to New Orleans. US security said we shouldn't have liquor in our carry on bags, although they did allow it on.

I think they are worried it could be used as a "firebomb" if so desired. I think they could make you leave it behind.

Had no trouble getting spirits on the Carnival Triumph in April, but not in your carry-on.

Regards,

Tim