Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2003, 07:18 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Glory Balcony

We are sailing the Glory 11/29 and just upgraded our room to a balcony. My husband is curious as to how private the balcony is. Can anyone answer this question?
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival Glory Balcony

We just returned yesterday from the Glory. We had a balcony room and that is the only way to go. We enjoyed watching the sunrise and set each day and also enjoyed watching the people below when we were at port, especially the ones running late to reboard before the ship left port. When you are tired from the excursions and tired of the hussel and bussel of the other areas of the ship, it is wonderful to sit on the balcony and watch the dolphins and flying fish and enjoy the miracle of the seas beauty.
You will love it too, I'm sure.
Old November 9th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Depending on the location of your cabin, your balcony may be totally private or have some visibility from other balconies. Susie and I were in cabin 7434, all the way aft, port side and ours was private. However, those that are completely aft may be visible from those wbaove them.

Post Edited (02-08-04 08:39)
Old November 11th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Beginner

I am also sailing the glory on Nov 29. Since you just upgraded, did you get a reduced deal from the $300 each that my travel agent quoted. Would love a balcony and wonder if the price goes down closer to sailing.

Thanks.
Old November 11th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Passenger

Marilyn, actually we didn't really get a reduced deal. We upgraded on a Sunday and then Thursday discovered the rates dropped drastically for that one day. We were disappointed that when we upgraded the carnival person didn't bother to tell us that if a sale would occur on Thursday. My husband called and was able to get us a small onboard credit. The last I checked the prices were higher now than when I upgraded. It doesn't hurt to check though. Good luck.

Where are you arriving from? Who all is in your party? If you want to try to meet up, send me an e-mail.

Teresa
Old November 16th, 2003, 04:58 AM
CRUZN BUCKEYE

Default Re: Re: Carnival Glory Balcony

We were on the Glory in September. We had a cat.9 wraparound balcony aft. As far as privacy, there is none on this balcony. The people from above can only see right at the railing. However, the cabin on the side of the ship beside ours was a different story. The divider is angled. There is no privacy. You can also see their complete balcony. Personally, I like the privacy that other balconies offer. I like to sit in my robe in the morning and enjoy the sunrise. The Pride wraparound cat. 11 is a whole different thing. Total privacy on the one on the main deck . Also, the dividers between cabins are not angled. I hope this helps.