Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2003, 08:01 PM
HoneymoonPlanner

Default Best Cruise line for 30-32 year olds

Hello, I'm in the process of planning my honeymoon for next summer. We are a 32, 30 year old couple who will be honeymooning. Any opinions on the best cruise line for a honeymoon. We would like some party atmosphere and prefer not to be the youngest couple on the cruise. Is Carnival our best bet? Royal Carribean? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2003, 09:21 PM
Elmo608

Default Re: Best Cruise line for 30-32 year olds

I say for sure go Carnival!!! Me and my friends and family have been on a few and the age group varies... Were going on the Conquest for June 2004 and I have always been told that they have the best age group?? I am 28 yrs old and there are always alot my age and some younger some older... ALWAYS A TON OF FUN!!! I think the Royal Car. has alot of older folks on their ship but I have never been on one so cant say for sure??
Heather
Old November 11th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Angel

I have heard great things about the Pride. Planning the honwymmoon? Go for the best suite on the ship. Who knows if you'll ever be able to afford it again. Definatly to 7 days or more. congrats and have fun! Angel
Old November 11th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Spike

I think the cruises that offer bargain fares seems to attract a more senior crowd. My sister went on the Legend last January 2003, and said the ship was almost all seniors ( age range retired). They got a great fare thought, but her two 18 year old sons were misersble (very few teens).
My family went on the Legend, Presidents Day week Feb 2003, and there were lots of families, and very few seniors. I would say the average age range of adults was about 23-50. This week is also a peak week for fares, and fares were double what they were in early January.
Old November 12th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ed A ROC

You've heard this before - it depends on what you like. (OK, disclaimer out of the way).

I would pick Carnival for the "up" atmosphere. While most all cruise lines are enjoyable the demeanor on the others is more reserved and casual. It's like comparing the general atmosphere of DisneyWorld to SeaWorld. Both are enjoyable, in their own way, but DW tends to have a little more "bounce in the step". The staff and the passengers tend to be in a more "up" attitude - it's the atmosphere Carnival promotes.

That said - this also reflects who I am. 51; but not ready to go on an Alaskan cruise until I "settle down" and want the more casual, enjoy the scenery cruise.

Here is something to consider:
The more the merrier - can friends go along? Granted, you will be on your honeymoon; you can spend time to yourselves. Good friends will give you your space. Sharing the cruise with others adds to the fun - dinners together, some evenings together and some by yourselves, etc. I have been on many cruises with some of the group on their honeymoon, 2nd honeymoon, etc. and we let them have their time and space.