Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Passenger

Default Transportation from Galveston

My return flight is 20 minutes earlier then carnival allows, so they will not let me book the shuttle for the way back to the airport (IAH). We called a cab company and they said it would be about $125 to get to the airport.

Does anyone know of another mode of transportation I can take and about how much it will run?
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Transportation from Galveston

Hi .....have taken Galveston Limousine from Hobby airport to Glaveston and return to Hobby. The cost was $50 round trip or $30 each way. Their telephone is 800 640-4826.
They have a web site also.... http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com/hobby.html Understand they also go to Bush International. Picked up the Van just outside the pier.
As i recall it was about an hour to Hobby......very quick service. Hope this helps
Old November 6th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Transportation from Galveston

Thank you for the information.

Because I am going to the Bush airport, the trip apparently takes twice as long which will most likely make me miss my flight.

I guess I'll just have to fork out the cash for the cab or see if there is another shuttle I can take.

It will work out somehow.
Old November 6th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Captain

Cruisegirl, I found this info that might help you. The price is a couple of dollars more than the shuttle from Carnival.

It's Galveston Limousine Service.com/iah.html

Daily Service to and from George Bush Intercontinental Airport

Galveston, Texas City, LaMarque, Hitchcock, Santa Fe, Dickinson and League City

One way Round Trip
Adult $35 $60
Child (4-10) $18 $30
Sr. Citizen $32 $55

Daily Service to George Bush Intercontinental Airport supports 25 passenger airlines, including American Airlines, Continental, Delta and many other regional and international carriers.

AKcruiser

Leave Galveston Arrive IAH
4:30am 6:30am
6:30am 8:30am
8:00am 10:00am
10:00am 12:00pm
11:30am 1:30pm
1:00 pm 3:00pm
3:00pm 5:00pm
4:30pm 6:30pm
6:30pm 8:30pm

Old November 6th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Captain

Cruisegirl, when are you sailing? I forgot to mention that you could use the new express debarkation if you carry off all of your luggage. I think you could be off the ship by 9:00

AKcruiser

Old November 6th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LGalla9464 Send a message via MSN to LGalla9464

I have to agree.Use the Galveston Limousine service. I live in Houston. The traffic in Houston is AWFUL to say the very least. to Hobby airpost (Which is on the SE side of the city isabout 1 hour, BUSH (IAH) is about 2 hours drive time. Frankly, I even tend to take a shuttle plane from Bush to Hobby just so I don't have to drive...a bit expensive, but worth the $$ in my books. And for anyone out there, as a matter of info, Hobby is a much small airport, and there is also Ellington Field (not far from Hobby) where a few carriers do fly into. Both are SE of Houston, and out of the Traffic nightmare for the most part.

Cruisegirl, any chance you can change your flights without penalty? Or at least minimal?

Laura

Old November 6th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Rob M

It's not 2 hrs, we are in League City 26 miles from Galveston, and 48 miles from IAH, to IAH on a weekend morning up I-45 to Hwy 59 is a 50min trip -- Galveston Limousine service is your best bet
Old November 7th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Transportation from Galveston

Thanks for all the info.

My flight leaves IAH at 12:41 on Nov 30 (worst day of the year to travel). That's why I thought the 10am shuttle wouldn't work. I wouldn't get to the aiport til 12 and that is really pushing it.

How do I do the express checkout? I haven't seen any information on it.

Carrying my own bags off isn't a big deal. I am a very light packer.
Old November 8th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Captain

Cruizergirl,

I'd call Carnival and ask them about the express debarkation. I've read that you get to leave as soon as customs has cleared the ship. You'll be getting off the ship as we are arriving.

AKcruiser