Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Dawn123

Default Grand Cayman Excursions (help)

Hi There,

My friend and I are taking a first time cruise and one of our stops is the Grand Cayman Island in February. Has anybody done the Beach horse back ridding or the Beginner Scuba diving Excursion? I can only do one and I am not sure which one would be better. I love horses but I have also wanted to scuba dive but never have.

Any helpful opinions would be greatly apreciated =)
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Grand Cayman Excursions (help)

You must be certified to Scuba dive so it is not a One Time event. Are You licensed? Horse back riding is only about 30 minutes in the water with the rest of the time on land. The Swim with the Sting Rays is the #1 tour at GC.
Old November 8th, 2003, 07:30 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly
Default Re: Grand Cayman Excursions (help)

You do NOT have to be certified to scuba in Grand Cayman. My daughter did the beginner scuba there at 15 yr in 1990. This is a "resort" course offered that includes simple basic training and each individual 9maybe pair) goes down with a dive master (trainer). You do not go to great depths but more than just snorkeling. It was a major dream of hers and she loved it.