Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Rufus

Default To all Those Sailing Nov. 16th

O..K. Everyone, it's only 9 days away, and now I'm sure everyone is thinking about packing........How far along are you in the process?

We bought our underwater cameras and our Aloe Vera Gel and a smaller tube of toothpaste yesterday ('cause that's all we needed to get) and we are now checking our formal wear, and tonight the suitcases come out!

I think the anticipation of a trip is half the fun.
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2003, 12:56 PM
kar06

Default Re: To all Those Sailing Nov. 16th

I am leaving November 22 and have a mental picture of all the things I need to do! Last time I was home (I am @ college, and there is nowhere around here to shop, unless you have a car, which I don't!) I stocked up on some new sunscreen & aloe and got another dress for the formal nights.

I am sooooo excited!
Old November 7th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Bmaintz

Getting everything out on the couch.... Made up some extra luggage tags that I will tie wrap on.... Now if I can just get my wife to also lay the STUFF out so we know how many bags we will need.... Picking up a new blazer & dress pants on Tuesday.... My daughter will help pick out a couple of ties (I'm part colour blind).... Bought some black Florsheims on Ebay & hope they come in the next few days.... Going on Conquest...11/16....Bob & Kathy
Old November 7th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: To all Those Sailing Nov. 16th

I just made my list today, I am a last minute packer... it never fails that I will wait til the last minute to get everything done...
Old November 7th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Captain

Can't wait to pack...have been adding to the list for weeks. Now I gotta hope everything fits in the bags.
Won't be long now.
Old November 10th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Rufus

Well, it's only 5 days before we leave for New Orleans. Our bedroom is a mess because everything is spread out. We have to pick up a vest for DH for his Tux and we put stuff in the cleaners, I got another outfit for one of the evenings, and as we think of it we keep adding to the pile. I can't believe how many shoes we're taking.

The cats are looked after, my mother-in-law who lives with us is looked after, and now we are still waiting to go adn still waiting.........and waiting.

It's all very exciting. Whoever is going, I hope you all have a safe trip to the ship!!!
Old November 10th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Bmaintz

Were going on the Conquest...all excited..
Bought some new dress shoes & they seemed to slip around on my feet although they are the proper size.... I fixed it by sanding the inside of the slick parts of the shoe, made a big difference in how they feel....
Still waitng for the wife to get in the packing mode, she will wait till the last moment, drives me up the wall....
Bob & Kathy
Old November 10th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Darrick

Sailing on the 16th (Fantasy). I didn't know I would need formal wear!! Ut oh! Better rethink my clothing strategy huh? This is my first cruise, I'm excited! I'm interested in doing other water sports like jet ski's and stuff, I've priced the snorkeling already, any one know about jet ski's ?
Old November 13th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Passenger

My husband and I did a "mock" packing last weekend, and will perfect it this weekend. Ws still have a few things to pick up, and the butterflies are starting....not to mention the endless giggling from knowing that in just a few days, we'll be on our first cruise together!

Old November 15th, 2003, 07:23 PM
mkhilloo

hey rufus,

i am sailing on the 16th and just finished packing. you ready yet??