Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Tm

Default Alcohol

How easy is it to bring beer or a bottle on board?

I know their policy. Just curious how closely they check.
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Jeni

Default Re: Alcohol

Ive heard lots of ways you can sneak alcohol on board. Beer might be difficult but vodka and such might be easier. Put vodka in a water bottle or put it in a Scope bottle and die it green. They wont know. Ive heard of people doing this so Im going to try it on my cruise
Old November 10th, 2003, 07:30 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: Alcohol

just wrap the bottle with bubble wrap and put it in your checked bag. You might want to put the whole thing in a zip lock bag also. Any protection from it breaking is good. Don't carry it on.
Old November 12th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Danielle10970

Default Re: Re: Re: Alcohol

Do they not x-ray the checked baggage? So it is relatively easy to bring bottles on? Even if they are not disguised as scope
What happens when they see them in your cabin?
Old November 12th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Passenger

At the risk of implicating myself, I can say that my hubby and me have stowed away our own booze on the last four cruises (and wow, do you save a TON of money this way!) and not only did we have no problem getting it on...no one even looks twice when you pour the *water* into your fruit punch at the juice bar. The crew isn't paid enough to care methinks...neither are the cabin stewards.

But I would recommend disguising....however, with our next cruise looming close (1/3 Glory), I have heard a nasty rumor that they are checking baggage much more closely for such contraband disguised in water bottles....so I may well take the Scope route this time...one friend even sterilized sunscreen bottles and snuck his vodka in that way - ingenious, a little paranord...but made for a great photo! Anyone hear anything about the supposed stricter policy or is this simply rumor run amok?

Thanks!

- Amanda
Old November 12th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just returned on the Carnival Sensation. I put the small miniature vodka and scotch bottles (10) in my toiletries bag in my carryon and also two bottles of wine, bubble wrapped, in my checked luggage. The scanners nor the physical luggage searches ever confiscated my hooch. I've been on eight cruises and never had a problem carrying aboard. (The coconut rum mixed with fruit punch at the Seaview Grill taste exactly the same as the rum punch drinks at the bar for $6.95 plus tip) Have fun!
Old November 13th, 2003, 01:08 AM
Caemen

I always sneak 2 bottles of Rum on board in my checked baggage... then buy the adult fountain soda card and save hundreds of dollars...