Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:43 PM
stew300

Default Rum

Does Carnival sell bottles of rum? If so do you know the price.
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:45 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: Rum

Yes they sell rum in the gift shops. Several different types. Don't know the price. Have always bought it on shore when we bought it.
Old November 14th, 2003, 09:15 AM
stew300

Thanks. Buying on shore is best but so many on this board say that Carnival is tough about preventing taking it on board.
Old November 14th, 2003, 09:31 AM
Mary Bradley

We bought 3 bottles for 11.95-not Captain Morgans though-and they let us take it straight to our room!
Old November 14th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Rum

stew300 -

From what I've seen here, and my limited experience, if you buy liquor in port you will not have any problem taking it on the boat. However, they may take it from you and store it until debarkation. Some people have been able to take it to their room, but I believe the policy is for them to store it for you.

Paradise '03
Old November 14th, 2003, 05:45 PM
jamie gunter

You can get rum for about $7 or $8 a bottle depending on what kind.
Old November 15th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Familiar Face

On board the ship they do have several different flavers of Barcardi. That is my favorite. It is probably two liters for about what you would pay for one in the U.S. If you are going to Jamacia they have a creme rum that is absolutely fantastic. They did keep it for us until the night before we disembarked. That was ok it was for gifts. On board all their liquor is less. You need to look at the size of the bottle.

Be sure it is packed correctly when you bring it home. We packed some in a newly botten suitcase just for the booze. Everything broke. Have no idea. The way we packed it I just can't imagine!!!!!!!!!! Anyway - carry it all on the plaine back with you. The airline crew will understand......
Old November 16th, 2003, 06:35 PM
pat brennan

Just a note, if you buy ron rico 151 you cant hand carry it on the plane, they consider it an explosive (no kidding they serched my carry on for it in Puerto Rico .
Old November 16th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Familiar Face

Probably any 151 would be a catastrophy then????? If you can't bring it back I suggest you sample as much as you can while you are there. It is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All rums in Puerto Rico are soooo good.
Old November 17th, 2003, 08:11 AM
stew300

Thanks everyone. If we can buy it at a reasonable price and take to our cabin it seems the best way at least until a duty free port!
Old November 17th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Usually CCL will NOT let you bring alcohol to your room. If not you can go to the pursers and ask for it to be delivered to your room. There are times you may get lucky but most times no. What I do is when I go ashore we buy our alcohol that we know will be taken from us but then also buy the little bottles. We then wear cargo shorts and put the little bottles in the pockets so we at least have some to drink while on the ship.