Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2003, 09:18 PM
gary w

Default I wish that Carnival would....?

What do YOU wish Carnival would do differently? Let's hear them all.
Going on Spirit Jan. 18.
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Garth

Default Re: I wish that Carnival would....?

Eliminate the automatic 15% gratuity.
Make the photo's more affordable. (they print them anyway, make em cheaper)
Allow passangers to bring alcohol aboard so we don't have to sneak it aboard.
Teach the pursers people skills.
Make the bar drinks more affordable
Treat their employees a little bit better
Stop trying to sell us crap all the time.....
less photo shoots when we disembark
Bingo? Why is that so expensive?
Old November 13th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: I wish that Carnival would....?

what is the charge for bingo... and why?

Triumph!
Old November 13th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Limit smoking to non-public areas!
Old November 13th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Eric & Sandi

Tammy,
The Bingo cost $10 for one card or $20 for three cards. And all they do is play one game for one prize per bingo session.
The prizes range from $500 the first day to $1000 on the last day.
On our cruise about 150 people were playing per session and almost evryone was buying the $20 3-pack. Thats $3000 So as I figure it they make good money running bingo.
They always do the bingo just before something else like a shore talk so they get a good turnout.
Old November 14th, 2003, 09:10 AM
spacgy

Better food for vegetarians and vegans. Limit smoking to the non public areas as also stated here
Old November 14th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Passenger

Allow you to book your tours ahead of time through the internet.
Keep the pools open late and hot tubs open all night.
Old November 14th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: I wish that Carnival would....?

I wish that Carnival would dump the stop in Jamaica and spend two days either in Grand Cayman or Cozumel.

Old November 14th, 2003, 11:36 AM
MichelleM

Further limit the smoking areas on the ships and better enforce those areas.

Dump Martinique (it sounds like it will happen) on the various southern routes and pick up a prettier island.
Old November 14th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Captain

All of these are great idea, I hope Carnival reads this.

I would like to see more policing of the deck chairs to make sure they are utilized. Saving it for 8 hours and only using it for 1 hour shouldn't be allowed.

Sensation

Old November 14th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Captain

I'd like to see the pools and hot tubs open more and see them change some of their jokes and routines. After a few cruises they get a little old.

AKcruiser
Old November 14th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Admiral

I would like to see cigar smoking allowed in the show lounge.

And hot water in the hot tubs.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 14th, 2003, 12:31 PM
LHP

Make the smaller bars (piano and Karaoke) non smoking. It is hard to enjoy sitting at the piano bar when you are having 3,000 toxins blown in your face. I certainly do not enjoy going back to my room smelling like an ashtray. These lounges are to small to allow smoking in.
Old November 14th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Ed A in ROC

Better food for vegetarians?
Here's two related tips -

A few weeks before the cruise write a letter to Carnival with your request, state that you are sending this in advance in hopes that some items can be pre-arranged. Identify preferences and restrictions, if applicable. I'm not sure if this will work or not. Let us know.

At your first meal with the waiter, let them know you have special request for your diet. A couple of cruises ago one member of our group had a very restrictive diet - allergies -and each evening she and the waiter (sometimes head waiter or someone else, I forget their position) would plan the next evening's meal. It was very cordial and we actually enjoyed the dialog ... "How about this?"; "No, this contains {...}, can't have that". As the week progressed she got some very creative dishs - sometimes we would try them.
Old November 14th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Free cruise for all past cruisers!!!
Old November 14th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sterling Silver

Don't you just cringe when you hear that one about the passenger who asks, "what elevation are we?" or do you generate your own power on the ship? No, lady, we have a long extention cord from Miami". If I hear them one more time I will lose my lunch.
Old November 14th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Admiral

I agree with a lot of what Garth says, the Bingo is wayyyy too expensive, but at least they changed their policy of having it right before the shows and the Bingo players of getting the best seats....

Also more hot water in the hot tubs would be a novel idea, on the one & only cruise (so far!) I took with my sister, I forced her to sit in a COLD hot tub with a drink to take a picture and told her to look like she was having a good time! When the picture was over, she put the roadrunner to shame with how she leapt out of the tub!!! haha

Aside from Carnival, it would be nice if other cruiselines had 100% non-smoking ships like Carnival's Paradise...we enjoy the lack of smoke and stinky stogies so much that we always check out the Paradise first, but it would be nice to try some other cruiselines...

Happy Cruising!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old November 14th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Andrea A

One comment about the pool chair saving... I just got off the Victory in August. They charged you for a pool towel (well, you pretty much "rented" it). If you didn't return it, you were charged for it (and I remember it wasn't cheap). It sounds like a ridiculous policy, but I agree with it 100%. There were barely ANY chairs left unattended with just a towel on it... people were afraid they would loose the towel and be out $$. Also, people really don't feel a comfortable leaving their personal belongings on a chair as they may lose those also. We didn't have a hard time finding a chair on the cruise at all, we even had a group of about 25 of us (large group went together) all got seats together. We did the same cruise last year except on the Triumph before that policy was in effect and there were NO spots available. So it seems they may be getting a handle on that...... finally.
Old November 14th, 2003, 03:43 PM
mperrea

Like others, more smoke free areas ( Ah these dratted reformed smokers), capability of booking tours from home and maybe a cruise cam on board to share our view with others at home. Might even promote a few more bookings; Get with the program Carnival.

Mike, Spirit Jan 18th, Pride/Elation/Triumph/Sensation/Inspiration/Sovereign of the Seas/Scandinavian Sky.
Old November 14th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Captain

Sterling Silver,

How about "Do these stairs go up or down?"

I'd like to see a frequent cruiser program like the airlines so we can earn free trips

AKcruiser
Old November 14th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Denny

I would like to see all areas of the ship have smoking allowed, especiall in the dining room. There is nothing like a good smoke after a fine dinner.
Old November 14th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Bmaintz

I heard a saying the other day...
Smoke on one end & a fool on the other....
One thing that bugs me is to see a grandparent holding their grandchild with a smoke in their face....
Old November 14th, 2003, 08:48 PM
First Mate

UPGRADE ME FROM 8A TO A SUITE ON THE DESTINY ...... ARE YOU LISTENING CARNIVAL!!!!!!! <g>

Majesty Of The Seas 06
Carnival Victory06
Holland America Oosterdam 05
Carnival inspiration04
Carnival Destiny04
Carnival Legend03
Imagination99
Sensation94,96,98,01
Jubilee92,97,00
Festival87
Old November 15th, 2003, 12:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sterling Silver

Here's another one AKcruiser: "We're taking you on as passengers, but after 6 buffets every day we we'll unload you off as cargo!". I think that we have heard that one on all 11 cruises we have been on.

Or another, we only heard it once and it was pretty good: The CD told us that the showers were so small (and they were tiny on the Majesty of the Seas) that when you took a shower it was just easier to soap the walls and spin around a few times. We laughed at that one.
Old November 15th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Denny

I see some people are real quick to call smokers a fool. At least I do respect others rights and smoke only in designated areas. These people can always take the smoke-free ship. Maybe cruise lines should have one ship for smokers only. I guess some people think smokers have no rights.
Old November 15th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ed A ROC

Interesting. It may have been harsh that that person called smokers fools. That is not in the spirit of the message board.

Hopefully you take my following comments in the spirit of discussion and not an attack.

The comment may reflect that person's perspective of smokers. Another take on it is some venting from having to deal with the smoke in so many locations on board. You mentioned rights? I have met many smokers who, upon preparing to light up ask me if I would mind. My pat reply is, "Go ahead. If the smoke blows my way then we'll work something out." I appreciate those who appreciate the situation and my "rights". (Or don't I have the right to breath smoke free air?)

The difficulty is directing the air so that smokers and non-smokers can co-exist in a room. Can the air be drawn up to the ceiling from the floor? Would those zappers work? I think it's a dilemma for Carnival, or anyone else: cost versus benefits. Note - Carnival has a great marketing strategy with the Paradise. As long as no other cruise line ventures there they can claim the ONLY smoke free ship. There is a price for this. While they generally fill the ship (that's what I understand), the on-board revenues - especially drinks and gambling - are way below average. The ship is not really a money maker.

To those who think non-smokers can find someplace else to go if the smoke bothers them so much:
If you don't have a perspective on the smell that smoke has on non-smokers, consider this. What would be your reaction and response if I (and many others) consistently passed gas in the public places?

Old November 15th, 2003, 09:03 AM
Gary L Rounds

Change absolutely NOTHING Carnival.

You made a BILLION DOLLARS last year. Your stock is up 39% for the year. You're buying up other cruiselines like its a hobby. Change nothing. Keep on keeping on.

Gary :-)
Old November 15th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Coconut

Denny,
I enjoy a good cigar now and then and you are correct that "There is nothing like a good smoke after a fine dinner," but it is more considerate to wait until all who have to smell the smoke have finished their dinners.
Old November 15th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Denny

I never did say what I smoke. But FYI I smoke a pipe. I also do not wish to turn this into a smoker vs non-smoker. Just tired of all the negative comments about smoking. Seems non-smokers can comment agbout smoking, but smokers are rude or wrong if they reply. Oh well, hope everyone enjoys their cruise. Looking forward to mine in Feb.
Old November 15th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Starfighter

That's a terrific idea about letting cruisers build up frequent cruiser miles just like the airlines do with frequent flyer miles. So many miles and you get a free cruise, hell of an idea! I also like the idea of being able to book excursions with the cruiselines on the internet. I was told by the powers that be, this was in the works several months ago. I'm beginning to wonder.