Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Legend - Jackets for Men on Non-Formal Nights??

We've been on several Carnival cruises and, as I recall, on the "informal" or "casual elegant" nights, most men did not wear jackets. Is this correct? My husband didn't want to take a jacket if he wasn't going to end up wearing it. He always wears a coat and tie on "informal" nights on Celebrity but it just doesn't seem that this was the case on Carnival. Can someone let me know what they've seen most men wear? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Carnival Legend - Jackets for Men on Non-Formal Nights??

I'm pretty sure Carnival has dropped informal nights completely. Two formal nights, the rest casual.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 17th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Mary2759

We just returned from the Legend. Except for the formal nights, men do not need a jacket. Have a good trip.
Old November 17th, 2003, 04:08 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Carnival Legend - Jackets for Men on Non-Formal Nigh

On Formal nights on the Elation, would just a Jacket, button down shirt and slacks do, or do you need the tie?

Thanks
Old November 17th, 2003, 09:05 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Legend - Jackets for Men on Non-Formal

For formal nights, most men either wear a dark suit or a tuxedo. The suits are worn with a tie. I wouldn't recommend someone wearing a sports coat without a tie on formal night, unless you want to go to the alternative dining.
Old November 18th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Jim B.

I just returned from the victory last week and as all the other carnival cruises on formal nights most men do wear a tux or a dark suit, There are also a few who only wear a button up shirt with a collar and a tie, and then there are some who don't even wear a tie. I always just do the suit and tie. They won't turn you away with just kakis and a nice shirt but I would say just wear what you are comfortable in.