Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2003, 07:32 AM
First Mate

Default vanilla in cozumel

Will be in Cozumel on Dec.19. I undersstand that the vanilla sold there is very good quaility. I wonder if anyone could recommend a store to purchase some. I think that the prices are better away from the pier. Also do you know the addresses and location for supermarkets in town?

thanks, Marty
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Default Re: vanilla in cozumel

You will find this vanilla everywhere you go in Coz. One tip, buy it in the glass bottle not the plastic. Some of the prices on the pier are actually good so do price it. I do not know of or had even seen a supermarket in Coz.
Old November 17th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Passenger

I have been to Cozumel every year for the past 15 years. Yss thew Vanilla is the best (and cheapest around).

I will agree with the last post, definitley buy the stuff in the glass, and some of the gift shops have the best prices. If you go to town, there a are lot of shops at El Centro (the main square in town), just shop around a little. The prices on the vanilla don't vary too much shop to shop, and you can usually get a good deal if you buy two or three bottles.

The IS a HUGE supermarket in town, right on the main road, it is called Chedraui. Any of the taxis can take you there, if you go to the town square (El Centro) you will pass by it, and I would recommend walking back to it after your visit to town and catch a taxi back after you have done your shopping.

Chedraui is probably the best place i have found to buy your liquor there, they have a good selection and the price is right.

*** Just as an editorial..... don't listen to the BS the cruise lines give you about crime in Cozumel, or staying within a certain area. There is practically NO crime there, certainly none against tourists, and the entire Island is friendly and everyone is glad to have your business. Go to town and walk back off the main drag a few blocks, its really cool and there are some great shops and restruants there. ****

Enjoy your trip!

Steven
Old November 17th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Scottie

I buy it at Cinco Soles every time I go there. They have good prices on Kahlua as well. It's a nice shop attached to Pancho's Backyard and they let you brouse without bugging you.