Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default 3 places we are thinking of

we are cruising in summer of 2004 with group of 10, children and grandchildren. our plan when we finally make reser. is to stop at ocho riosS(dunns river falls) jamaica, cayman(for the stingrays) and cozumel. the other three days are at sea which is great with me. are these three really great stops? i haave been researching a lot and these seem to be the best choices. we have already been to the eastern carribean and definitely want to do the western carribean since this is a 7 day cruise. also do not want to do key west or further south in mexico or belize. thanks patty
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: 3 places we are thinking of

The Western Caribbean is a very active itinary with lots of emphsis on water activities. This should be a very nice fit for your group.
Jim

Old November 18th, 2003, 01:44 AM
TomS

That is a very popular itenerary. You should have no problem with it. Some people report that Jamaica can be a little frightening. I've heard reports of open selling of drugs on the streets, and some would say aggressive locals. The local authorities are trying their best to clean up the crime, but they have a daunting task. You will find people who will never get off the ship there, and you will also find people who love the place. My advice there is to treat it like you would going into any large city.

TomS
Old November 18th, 2003, 07:05 AM
Admiral

This was a favorite iten of our kids also. We loved Jamaica, it was the most beautiful island of the 3 ports. We had no problems and felt it was no worse than some other places we have been too. Treat the locals as you expect to be treated, be firm, stay together and always always be aware of your surroundings. Finally by all means get off the ship and enjoy Jamaica.