Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2003, 09:36 AM
First Mate

Default How can you find out if cabins are available/taken ?

I read somewhere on this board, but can't find it again, how to find out what cabins are taken/available on specific ships/cruise dates..
Anyone know that process ? I thought I remembered it was done online..
Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Passenger

Default Re: How can you find out if cabins are available/taken ?

I too, am trying to remember the site to find out what rooms are available. Hope someone replys, thanks, marty.

[img]http://cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=10&year=2006&day=18&hour=12:00
Old November 18th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Admiral

The surest way is to have your TA look it up through the cruiselines data base. Some websites will show you cabins they are offering for sale but because of limited space and time frame they are not always completely accurate. CCL website itsewlf will show you some of the cabins in each cat you select but not all available at one time.
Jim

Old November 18th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to MikesMom
Default Re: Re: How can you find out if cabins are available/taken ?

I just called my rep at Carnival and asked about the Jan 2nd Cruise im taking on the fascination. She said that the ship is 1/3 full and chances of upgrade are 70%. I also asked her about something i read here about a person being upgraded from a 1A to an 11. I asked her if that is true or was the person fibbing. She said no it can happen....not often but it can happen. I feel like i'm in a lottery lol.............come onnnnnnnnnnn upgrade!!!!!!!!!
Old November 18th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Passenger

You can go to www.travelocity.com. Go through the steps as if you are booking a cruise and the available rooms will come up. Hope this helps.
Old November 18th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: How can you find out if cabins are available/tak

I guess it 'could' happen but I do not think it ever has or ever wqill unless someone gets a wild hair and does so for a publicity stunt. <> You may get upgraded to a nice outside though from an inside and that in itself is not common.
Jim

Old November 18th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Admiral

I have to believe that kind of an upgrade is extremely rare and possibly only done because someone knew someone.

A Carnival rep once posted the procedure on these message boards and she said the people who have paid the most for their cruise are going to be the first ones upgraded. So if any suites are available the people who paid the highest price for a balcony room will be upgraded to the suite. Then the people who paid the most for an outside room will be upgraded to a balcony room. Then the people who paid the most for an inside room will be upgraded to an outside room and so on.

Good luck though.

Regards,
Thomas
Old November 18th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Captain

There is a way to find out what rooms are available. It's a lengthly process tho. Go to Carnival's website and pull up the deck plans and write down all of the rooms in the category you want to check. Then go to their online booking engine and fill in all the forms as if you were booking a room on the sailing you want to check. When you get to the part where they list the available room numbers, highlight those room numbers shown on the list you made from your deck plan. If there are less than 9 or 10 rooms listed then those are the only rooms available. If there are 9 or 10 on the list you have to go to the section just below the room listing and check the box that says: guest has a preferred room. and then enter the next room number on your list. If the room is available you will go to another page to fill in the form. If the room is taken it will give you a message that that room has been selected by another passenger and to select from the list. Keep entering in all of the rooms until you have completed your list.

Keep in mind that as the sailing date nears and they start doing the shuffle, some of the rooms that were booked may come available etc.

Good luck, I hope this helps

AKcruiser
Old November 18th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Beginner

Go to www.cruise.com and go through the process of booking a trip on the same cruise date that you are already booked on. They have pretty cool graphics showing how many rooms of each category is available.
Old November 19th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Happy Camper

cruise.com That is what I use too. It is great in showing what rooms ar available. It worked to when I booked a guarantee last year on RCL Rhapsody of the Seas I saw what cabins were left (booked last minute) and there was only a few and sure enough I got one of the three left that cruise.com was showing so I'm pretty sure it is right. Debbie
Old November 19th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Gary L Rounds

Whenever you go to an online site and see the cabins available, that is only the cabins that that particular online site has available, NOT NECESSARILY all the cabins available for the cruise.

Some online sites reserve huge blocks of cabins, that the particular web site you are currently on has NO KNOWLEDGE OF.

Gary
Old November 20th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Captain

What Gary said is true, but if you go to Carnival's site and use the guest has a preferred room option on their booking engine and enter in each room number (one at a time) you can make your own chart of which rooms are available (if you have the time to do the research)

AKcruiser