Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Angel

Default Pride11-23laundry,irons, steamers ?

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows if there are self service laundry facilites on the Pride. Do we send our laundry out to be laundred by Carnival or do we go some where on the ship and do it our selves?

Are there irons we can use on board if we need to iron?
Is it hard to use one, lots of people needing to ...?

Will Carnival allow us to bring a steamer on board?

Thanks for all your advice.
Angel
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2003, 11:59 AM
MichelleM

Default Re: Pride11-23laundry,irons, steamers ?

The pride has self service laundry and the ability to send out laundry for the next day. Towards the end of the cruise they run a special for the send out laundry. A bag is placed in your room and they will wash anything you can fit into the bag for a fee. Didn't visit the laundromat on board since we didn't need to so I can't tell you the location.
There are irons available for use in the laundry room, they don't allow you to bring on one board your self. It is a fire hazard. They also have a send out pressing service if you want to use that.
I believe you can bring a steamer on board if you want. We usually accomplish the steaming by hanging the clothes in the bathroom when we take a shower. Since there isn't a vent fan in the bathroom it does get plenty steamy in there. But we are just getting out travel time wrinkles, I iron the bad wrinkles out before we leave home.
Old November 18th, 2003, 08:12 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Melanie
Default Re: Pride11-23laundry,irons, steamers ?

There are laundry rooms on each deck, check your map to see where its located depending on which deck you are on. There are two washers and four dryers along with ironing boards and irons. It costs $2.00 per load in either the washer or dryer. We ran out of socks and undies so I am glad that this was available since I really didn't want to send them to be laundered or try washing them by hand and have them all hanging in our bathroom for the cabin steward to see...lol.

Melanie

Paradise - January 2009

Paradise - April 2008
Carnival Pride - Nov 2007
Paradise - Sept 2005
Carnival Pride - Nov 2004
Ecstasy - Jan 2004
Carnival Pride - Nov 2003
Elation - Nov 2002