Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2003, 08:24 AM
First Mate

Default Cruise cancellation

I advance booked and paid a cruise through Priceline on the Inspiration Feb. 8, 2004. It was to celebrate my mother's 81st birthday. Yesterday, she was told she'd need hip replacement surgery next month and the trip was off. I called Priceline this AM to cancel and was shocked and surprised to learn I'll receive a 100% refund from Carnival and a refund from Priceline minus $50 cancellation fee and $15 processing. They are even refunding the insurance cost since the trip was cancelled outside the time frame needed to use the policy. In addition, they require no medical documentation for this cancellation. I'm not shy about getting in a comany's face when they mistreat me. Conversely, my hat is off to Carnival and Priceline for their cancellation policy. I'll be doing business with both ogf them again, for sure.

Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Cruise cancellation

Hi GJG,
Sorry to hear you had to cancel, but that you had no hassles in doing so. Just get a cruise re-book when all the health matters are cleared up.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 19th, 2003, 10:38 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Cruise cancellation

Nice to know customer service was at work here for a change

Carnival Spirit