Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2003, 10:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default taxis todunns rivers falls and chakanaab

our neighbors recently cruised with a group of 18 in family with stops in jamaice and cozumel. the grandma of the group arranged with a specific taxi driver to have transportation waiting for them when they disemabarked from ship at these two ports. they have been there before and she keeps him in her notes. she obviously did this from home before they even left on the cruise. what is the advantage of doing this instead of just grabbing taxis at the dock? also with our group of 10, a van would be more appropriate than a small taxi. please give to me any info. on this situation. i almost forgot we also need ride to stingray city excursion.. patty
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2003, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: taxis todunns rivers falls and chakanaab

Patty, Some people find a dirver that they like and keep in touch and use them again. Loyalty is the key. In Jamaica your word is your bond. Either way is fine and you may have a better chance to negotiate a good peice at the pier. We got a van for $20 both ways payable when we returned and there were 6 of us. You still pay to use the falls but you do not need a guide. They will tell you that you have to have one but you do not, only if you want one.
Stingray City is in Grand Caymans and whoever you book the excusrsion through provides you transportation to the boat from downtown.
In Cozumel you catch your own taxi to the Lagoon and again pay entry fees separately.
Jim

Old November 23rd, 2003, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Jim - shame on you - negotiating a good piece right at the pier - what would you Momma say? :o)
Old November 24th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: taxis todunns rivers falls and chakanaab

Good Lord! I just checked the spelling and it is horrible! <> Fingers and mind definately were not working together. <G>
Jim

Old November 24th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Captain

Go with someone you know has trusted them already...the cab drivers are like madmen there.WOW what a ride..and I live in Chicago.they got nothin' on our drivers!!!!
Old November 25th, 2003, 06:48 AM
Darrick

I was gonna ask which cruise he was on where he could negotiate his piece right on the peir..
Old November 25th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Well, I wanted to do some active excursions and my wife wanted to go shopping soooooo.......we went shopping. Does that qualify for negotiations? I rather lean towards common sense and self preservation. <>
Jim

Old November 25th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

For Jamica do a websearch for PEAT TAYLOR.

For Caymans/StingRay City do a websearch for Capt. Marvin's and/or Nativeway watersports
They are all good reliable companies.
Sorry I've lost me links so you'll have to search or sombody will post a link for you.

Maybe the fingers and the mind aren't working together,,,,,,,Maybe they are.......................
Dan
Old November 25th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Admiral

You cannot post links to commercial businesses in the message boards. That's advertising and not allowed in this area.
Jim

Old November 27th, 2003, 08:55 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly
Default Re: Re: Re: taxis todunns rivers falls and chakanaab

We have a phrase for that at work: BNG (brain not in gear)
Old November 28th, 2003, 08:15 AM
spike

There are tons of taxis at the Ocho Rio peir. As my group walked by the taxis,(we were on the other side of the street, and there were armed police every 50 feet) we were offered RT to Dunns Fall @ $4.00 each. After we pasted, the price of the taxi was quickly lowered to RT @ $2.00 each. We were taunted with offers the whole length of the street, (and offers for reffer,braid hair, bumming money....). WE didn't even want a taxi.