Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default jessica lynch & Carnival Miracle

Former Army private Jessica Lynch will fulfill the role of godmother to Carnival Cruise Lines’ newest cruise ship, Carnival Miracle, at the official naming ceremony in Jacksonville, Florida, slated for Feb. 27, 2004. The occasion marks the first time a brand-new cruise ship will be introduced at the nation’s newest cruise homeport.

“We are privileged that Miss Lynch, who represents the thousands of courageous American men and women serving in our armed forces, has accepted our invitation to be godmother of our newest ship,” said Carnival President & CEO Bob Dickinson. “And Jacksonville, with its long military and maritime history, is a perfect venue for this ceremony,” he added.

The retired Army private will break the traditional bottle of champagne across the bow of the newest Carnival “Fun Ship” at ceremonies immediately preceding Carnival Miracle’s special three-day inaugural cruise from the Port of Jacksonville.

“In appreciation for Miss Lynch serving as godmother of the Carnival Miracle, Carnival is pleased to make a significant contribution to the Jessica Lynch Foundation.,” Dickinson said.
Jessica Lynch established the foundation to assist children of soldiers that have either served in the military or were killed while on duty. She also plans to use the foundation to benefit the Wirt County, West Virginia, community where she lives.

Carnival Miracle is slated to debut from Jacksonville February 27, 2004, with a series of 12 three- to six-day voyages through April 17, 2004, marking the first time that Carnival has ever operated from that port. The ship will also operate seven-day departures from Baltimore and New York before repositioning to Tampa for year-round seven-day western Caribbean cruises from that port beginning November 7, 2004.
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: jessica lynch & Carnival Miracle

She's coming here (jacksonville) where I live for the ceremony. I wonder how one can get to go to it?

Old December 7th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Admiral

i wonder if she'll invite the Iranain man who saved her and finally thank him for saving her life...

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old December 8th, 2003, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Sorry, but I'm getting tired of the Lynch thing. We are making far too much of a deal of the whole situation. She is not a hero. Where are our priorities? Had to vent.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:58 AM
First Mate

Is Jessie a war hero? No, of course not. But she didn't fabricate the story, your government did. I'd take issue with them. Jessie admitted she never fired a shot and was treated well by her Iraqi doctors. Her character makes her an American hero in my book. USMC 1967-1971
Old December 8th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: jessica lynch & Carnival Miracle

GJG,
It was not the Government but the news media that made the big issue of it. I agree with you that she has taken the proper and honest stance and told exactlyt what happened and that makes her okay in my book.
Jim
USN 1968-1975

Old December 8th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Admiral

I would rather see a close family member of a KIA military man/woman have that honor. Enough with the Jessica saga. I can appreciate what she went through, but at least she did'nt pay the ultimate price for defending her country as many have. Enough of the over used "hero" word. I lost faith in the media's definition of a hero, when some called Magic Johnson a "hero" for saying he had aids due to having slept around so much. Better stop...very sore subject for me.

Post Edited (12-08-03 16:50)

Old December 8th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: jessica lynch & Carnival Miracle

I understand where you all are coming from. My husband was in the Navy and we've been thru alot together. Anyone who serves our country I highly respect them. It can be a big sacrifice and I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all that have served!!!

(((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

Old December 9th, 2003, 10:32 AM
First Mate

BLAH ON LYNCH........don't like her and don't like her attitude....... Sure seems like a comfy life she has gotten out of this war and goverment!

Carnival Spirit

Old December 9th, 2003, 02:10 PM
First Mate

So Moon, got alot of combat experience have you?
Old December 9th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Admiral

Moon says......Sure seems like a comfy life she has gotten out of this war and goverment!

to him I say....awwww forget it....you would;nt understand

Old December 10th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Blaizze

Maybe we should stop recounting all the negatives of what may or may not have happened and remember the people who worked to save her. It was a great moment in American history for such an operation to save one life. Maybe the whole team who worked to get her into American custody should be the godfamily? Either way I think it makes me sad to hear all the things you are saying about someone you likely don't even know. No matter how you feel about the war - we need to support everyone who is fighting!
Old December 10th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Would Jessica have received so much media attention if SHE was a HE! No I don't think so.
Old December 10th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Blaizze....thank you....of course you are right.