Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Getting Sick!

I've been reading all about being confined to your cabin or not being able to board if you get sick. I can fully understand, I don't like it when parents send their sick children to school because of no babysitters but what can you do. But some people get motion sickness and I get sick migraines. Are we suppose to be afraid of getting kick off or confined if we get the least bit nauseated. What about the passenger that's husband got food poisoning. Or that person that really does have motion sickness. I'm really concerned.
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2003, 12:06 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Getting Sick!

I wouldn't worry about it. I think the issue comes up if you're sneezing and coughing all over the place in line to board the ship. I got sick on board (from drinking water in a fountain pop on shore) and it was fine. The dining room staff were excellent and went out of their way to bring me something not on the menu that i could eat. I don't think you'll have any problem unless you clearly have some major illness symptoms before boarding.
Old December 8th, 2003, 02:50 PM
midimarv

Also, two huge red flags is are fever and diarrhea, which you don't get with motion sickness but would get with a contagious stomach virus. Nauseau alone won't get you confined to your stateroom.
Old December 8th, 2003, 05:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

But the lady on the message boards said the ships doctor just said its the flu and not food poisoning and I thought she said that they didn't even examine him. She also said that he was fine the next day, no flu. If he didn't even get examined and they sent them packing what about the rest of us who might get motion sickness. He said it was food poisoning and it was but noone believed him. What about people with IBS? I'm trying not to sound paranoid but will it come a time when we have to have a phyical to board? When I get excited or nervous I have to heard for the bathroom. And believe me this is my very first cruise, I will be excited!
Old December 8th, 2003, 10:03 PM
starfighter

I already gave my opinion to that question on this Carnival site further down on a post entitled "If catch a virus you can be confined". You might want to read it. My main point was that if you don't feel great, you don't know what's wrong and neither does the cruiseline, and that being the case, they will always prefer to err on the side of caution meaning you get screwed and they don't have to deal with a potential problem. If you don't feel 100%, keep it to yourself, unless you feel bad enough to require medical attention. I have to go, so just read my other post.