Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Passenger

Default Lost Luggage Saga

Anyone ever had the misfortune of having their luggage lost getting ON the ship?

Checked it at the pier (no option, bag too big for the xray machine to carry on), never showed up on the ship. Ever.

Not much help from Carnival, they gave me $100 credit on S/S card but not much considering what I lost.

Of course I didnt pack right, so ALL my clothes were in the bag, all I had for the entire cruise was a pair of shorts, a t shirt and a swimsuit. You can imagine by the end of the cruise.......

Attempted contact with "Guest Relations" have gotten nowhere, as has an email to the president of Carnival (suggested by someone lesewhare on this board).

Well, I'm out a lot of nice closthes (over $100 worth) and guess This is the last bad experience I'll ever have with Carnival!

Any suggestions for another nice line to try?????

Frustrated and discourged.......

Steven
Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Lost Luggage Saga

What a bummer. Would travel insurance cover this? Did you have any?

I'm not sure about the other lines but I believe most use a contractor for porter services. At a pier with many ships of different lines I believe the porters just move from one dock to the next, servicing any ship that is embarking. So blaming Carnival, or Princess, or anyone for lost luggage is probably not the correct thing to do.

However, Customer Service is line specific. So if your luggage was lost on another line you might have received better compensation through a different cruiseline. Maybe not though, I just have never had a problem to find out.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 13th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Passenger

yeah, it is a bummer......

Of course, you have no choice but to check the bags if they are too big to go through the security scanner. I guess next time Ill just pack lots of small bags that WILL fit thorugh the scanner, and take more time checking onto the ship and keep it all with me.

Lessons learned.........

(Stil nothing from Carnival though, even if they were to tell me too bad so sad, they havent had the courtesy to contact me at all.

What can you do?????
Old December 19th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Passenger

Well, the final intallment for any who care to know.....

FINALLY got ahold of "Suest Relations" Still no response to multiple Emails and letters sent to the president of the company, and was told,

and I quote:

"Well, that's just too bad. You really should learn how to pack for a trip, and its your own damn fault for not buying the insurance".

How about that. A cruisle line representative swearing at a customer. Well, Carnival has lost my business forever, and I pass this info along to all who would listen.... be careful, carrry your own luggage and don't let it out of your sight. Carnival could care less if you sail wiht them or not. Sooner or later they are going to P--- off all their customers, then their ships can sit empty at the pier. Until that day, enjoy your trip but be careful with your luggage!

Steven
Old December 19th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Admiral

How horrible for you, Steven. Boy I wish you knew to whom you had spoken at Carnival. Bet someone higher up would be REAL interested in knowing their customer service reps were swearing at customers!

I think travel insurance would have covered you, but shutting the barn door probably doesn't make you feel any better!

Good luck on your next cruise.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old December 19th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Steve - do some research on this site (I know the name and address have been posted before) and write a letter to the President of Carnival Cruise Lines (I believe it is Bob Dickinson...) and tell him exactly what his Guest Service Representatives are telling Guests when they call for help. Granted, it was probably the porters who lost the bag, but to be fluffed off like you did by the Guest Services Rep is totally uncalled for. Even if they could not help you, they could have been at least courteous about it!

Old December 20th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Sea Girl

This happened to us once on RCI Spelender. WE found it ourselves two decks up hanging out all by itselve near the elevater the next day.
Old December 20th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Steven,

I'm really amazed that a customer service rep would use those words to you. If ANYONE spoke to me that way, I would have gotten their name and had their job by the end of the day!! I have learned to get people's names BEFORE I begin to speak to them when I have a problem. Too many times I've simply be "disconnected", so now I have someone to report if that happens.

Sorry about your disaster, hope your next cruise makes up for the problems.

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old December 21st, 2003, 05:00 AM
Admiral

lol sure they said that..lol