Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2003, 08:17 PM
Sophia Pappas

Default The FLU Is Cruising With You !

The FLU Is Cruising With You !

Four of us from Minniapolis cruised on the "Elation" out of Galveston in late October.

We want to mention that some of the people on the ship told us that they started getting ill, with flu symptoms. They think they got it from people on the shipís shuttle bus from the Houston airport to Galveston. One lady told us that there was people on the bus sneezing and coughing without covering their mouths.

Iím glad we didnít use the shipís shuttle. Our travel agent arranged for a private shuttle van to take us to the Elation at Galveston Cruise Ship terminal.

Protect yourselves "GET A FLU SHOT", and if possible stay out of crowded, closed in areas, with little fresh air.

Use a private shuttle or taxi with just your family members and friends, to and from your ship.

Sophia Pappas
sophiepappas@hotmail. com
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2003, 12:13 AM
cruisin

Default Re: The FLU Is Cruising With You !

We just got back from our cruise on Dec. 18 and I was horribly sick starting the first day of the cruise, I had no symptoms when I first borded. I stayed in my room so I would not infect anyone else but some of the ill were not as considerate. I also must say that I got a flu shot Nov. 1st and it obviously did not help with this strain, it was aweful!!!! 104 degree temp, chills, aches you name it.
Old December 24th, 2003, 12:23 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: The FLU Is Cruising With You !

The flu is everywhere right now, so the fact that it is showing up on cruise ships doesn't suprise me. I know the nursing home that my husband works at has a bad case of flu going from resident to resident. I'm hoping he doesn't get it and bring it home since I'm 8 months pregnant. Hopefully it is a strain that the flu shot protects against.