Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2003, 08:07 PM
Passenger

Default Will They Confiscate??

Aloha,

I was looking at the comments on the post "Soda Card Y/N" and a person said they brought onboard 6 20 oz. bottles of soda. I know you can bring liquor onboard as long as it is in your checked baggage and will be confiscated if you bring it in your carryon so
my question is if you bring soda on board in your carry on, will it be confiscated??
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2003, 08:16 PM
Captain

Default Re: Will They Confiscate??

No, not if it is a "reasonable amount" We took 12 bottles of coke, 12 cans of pepsi and 12 bottles of water and were fine.

AKcruiser

Old December 23rd, 2003, 09:38 PM
First Mate

Am I allowed to bring my own beverages onboard?
Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. Fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise only. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room.

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and retained by Carnival until the cruise is completed.

Guests may purchase a variety of beverages onboard the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shop or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Note: The legal drinking age onboard is 21 and is strictly enforced. We do not allow the purchase of drinks or bottles of liquor by adults for minors. Possession of alcohol by a minor will not be tolerated and any found will be confiscated, even if found in cabin.
Old December 23rd, 2003, 11:09 PM
cruisin

Default Re: Re: Will They Confiscate??

Yup, Jedgar is 100% correct. I just got back from our cruise and everything he said is exactly right. I would not try to bring in alcoholic beverages. You might get lucky, but you might not. Who wants to start their cruise off like that? I brought a 6 pack of pop with us and we were fine. Actually my room steward made sure a can was covered in ice for us each evening. There is no Mountain Dew on the ship, so we were glad we brought our own!
Old December 24th, 2003, 11:26 AM
MichelleM

There are quite a few Pepsi diehards who bring soda on board since they only serve Coke products on the ship. As long as you aren't bringing a Sam's club size case of soda onboard you shouldn't have a problem. We always bring a few bottles of water on board so we have something to take with us in the ports and have never had a problem. We have bought them at stores while in port and brought them back in the Kmart (St. Thomas has a Kmart close to the ship dock) bag without issue.
Old December 24th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

i bring a cube of pepsi and water on my cruise with no problem.
Old December 26th, 2003, 02:50 PM
CMproLisa

We just returned from Spirit on 12/25 and took onboard a bottle of champagne to celebrate hubby's 40th. No one even batted an eye. I have previously brought on soda but ditched that when they started offering the soda card. They generally just check to see if you HAVE it, not whose name is on it, so my husband and I both can get drinks. Being a Diet Coke junkie, it pays for itself many times over.
Old December 27th, 2003, 12:54 PM
pushin33

all this talk of bringing soda and water on to the ship is confusing me? can we purchase bottled water aboard the ship? I drink alot of water in a day so should i bring some. How about buying alcohol at one of the ports can it be brought back onto the ship?
Old December 27th, 2003, 03:02 PM
SheilaManhattan

I feel that a soda card is unnecessary, as soda is included in breakfast, lunch, & dinner. We just bring a ton of water bottles along for between meals. It keeps things no-nonsense - and healthier, too!

Sheila
SugarFreeSheila.com
Old December 27th, 2003, 06:29 PM
josette

Default Re: Re: Re: Will They Confiscate??

Is there any diet ginger ale on the Celebration? That's all that helps with nausea for me. and Donna doesn't know the answer. Thanks j.
Old December 27th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Admiral

They do have Ginger Ale but I do not know if they have the diet kind. Soda is NOT included with meals so if you are a big soda drinker a soda card is a bargain. Otherwise it is a buck fifty a can. You can bring on a 'reasonable' amount of soda and water. Water is available on the ship but the ships water is just fine and as good as any bottled water. We just take a bottle or two onboard with us and refill the bottle with the ships tap water. You will be asked to leave your alcohol purchases with the designated person at the gangway when you return from ports to be sent to your cabin the afternoon of the last full day. You can of course bring on a couple bottles of wine or champange for personal consumption.
Jim