Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2003, 06:46 PM
pushin33

Default alcohol and juice card?

i have been told about as well as read about a juice and alcohol card. Could someone please be more specific to what this really is. Should I purchase one or should I bring on my own. I want everything to basically be hastle free. Can you purchase water bottles on the ship as well or should I stock up on them before I leave? My husband and I leave on the 18th of january. He would really like to know how the card works. Thank you for your input on this matter!
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: alcohol and juice card?

HI, I didn't purchase a card when we cruised and won't when we go this Feb. I carried 2 12 packs on with me and no one said a word. Soda was only $3.00 bottle and I diddn't drink that many.
Old December 27th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

There is no alcohol card on Carnival....you can buy drink coupons that will save you a little bit of money, but your best bet is to just buy the drink of the day. Juice is available in the buffet 24/7 and from room service. There are soda cards available.....you pay the price for your cruise and a sticker is placed on your sign and sail card - show the card you get free FOUNTAIN soda drinks. You cannot buy cans of soda with the soda card. Bottled water is available to be bought on board, but you will pay a premium price for it compared to on land. My advice - buy one bottle on board and refill the bottle with the tap water on board - that water is filtered and processed on board and is very pure.

Old December 27th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Blaizze

Juice, tea, and lemonade are free. You can buy a soda card (price depends on the length of the cruise) but this card does not cover alcohol. I wouldn't worry about buying a soda card unless you drink a lot of soda. Technically you're not permitted to bring alcohol on board yourself though I've heard many stories of people doing it though I've never tried it myself. I would recommend bringing bottles of water so that you don't have to pay gratuity everytime you want some water. Have fun on your cruise!

Carnival Inspiration
Old December 28th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to MikesMom
Default Re: Re: alcohol and juice card?

My son and hubby drink diet coke. I plan on getting them both soda cards for a 3 night cruise to the bahamas next week. How much are they?
Old December 28th, 2003, 03:52 PM
pushin33

That is a good question , how much are the soda cards? Our travel agent is the one that mention to us about purchasing a booze card. Is the botled water that expensive? I drink ALOT of water throughout the day, so should I just bring a ton of it???
Old December 28th, 2003, 08:00 PM
MichelleM

The tap water on the ship is pretty good, it is made thru distillation (collection of the stream from boiling water). So it cleaner then most bottled water. We just bring along an insulated mug and fill it up with water and ice or lemonade and ice from the Lido deck buffet.

Otherwise the bottled water for sale on the ship is Evian, I think it is $3.75 for the large bottle and $2.00 for the small bottle, but I'm not sure. Depending on your ports you can also buy a few bottles in the port to save the hassel of bringing them along (especially if you are flying to the port). For example St. Thomas has a Kmart only a few blocks from the pier area.

Soda cards run about $30 for a 7 day cruise for those over 21, $20 for those under 21. They are cheaper on shorter cruises of course. You get a glass of soda at a time with the card, you don't get the can or bottle.