Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Elsie Martinez

Default Jubilee

Hi! I will be sailing on the Jubilee in about three weeks going to Southern Caribbean. Can any one tell me what to expect? So far all the reviews I have read are from passengers who sailed to Conzumel on earlier dates and they're not too pleasant. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Jubilee

Cozumel is a wonderful port but you are not going there on this ship. The Jubilee is doing a wonderful itinary that is full of adventure, beautiful sights and fantastic places to see. Right now it is the best itiniary going in my opinion.
Jim

Old December 28th, 2003, 08:54 PM
cruise-o-matic

Planning a southern Carribbean cruise on the Jubilee on 02/21/04. Can anyone tell me anything about the ship? I don't see any rooms with a balcony. Has it been re-decorated recently?
Old December 29th, 2003, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Jubilee

There are only 12 cabins with balconies onboard the Jubilee and they are all the cat 12 suites on the Veranda deck. The Jubilee has undergone refurbishing a few times but it has not had the major refurbishment that some of the older ships like Celebration has. It is a smaller and older ship without the rfancy new amenities that some of the newer ships have but it is servicable and the Itinary is wonderful.
Jim

Old December 29th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

We went on the Jubilee in july of 2001. It was a nice ship if you havent sailed on anything bigger. We sailed on the Carnival Ecstasy first, and then the Carnival Pride after the jubilee, and there was NOTHING to compare. Dont get me wrong, we had a great 5 days on the Jubilee, but the ship was quite lacking. No atrium, no pool side stage, weird layout (i found my way around the ecstasy and pride easier than the jubilee even though they are both larger) Also the decor was kinda wack, like las vegas gone bad... But hopefully they chanaged it. Dont get my wrong THE VACATION WAS WONDERFUL, but when you have sailed a newer/larger ship, you can realllly sense the differences. And to be honest, the ship was kind of lacking for a 7 day voyage. There was enoough stuff to do for 4/5 days, but 7... you may have to get a bit creative! Unless your dieing to go to the destination the jubilee provides, go on one of carnivals larger/newer ships! You will have a great time either way you go, but in my opinion, stick to a newer ship.

Ecstasy - june 2000
Jubilee - july 2001
Carnival Pride - june 2003
Sovereign OTS - Jan 2004
Mariner OTS - June 2004
Old December 29th, 2003, 10:57 PM
pinecone

Jubliee is fine for a first cruise. However, if you have sailed in the past, you will be disappointed with the Jubliee, as you will invaribly be comparing it with your former ships the entire time. With all Carnival cruises priced similar, I'd rather sail a newer ship with more amenities.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 06:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

We did the Christmas Cruise out of San Juan, Puerto Rico...We had a wonderful time...But we always go for the Port of Call...That is the most important thing to us. We had done 3 cruises in 2003....and this was my favorite cruise...but it was because of the Ports of Call, our dinner guest...Not because of the ship....The Food is OK, the show are OK, but the cruise director is GREAT...our waiter, room stewart were find..The ship is older but are you going to stay on the ship or are you going to get off at each port and see it all....I enjoyed the cruise....and we have been on some newer ships....A cruise is what you make of it....Over look the stained carpet....and the facted it is an older ship...and you will have a blast....Get to know your dinner guest-do the shows with them, eat breakfast each morning with them....make the best of it....In the last 11 years with all the cruises we have done....this was my favorite....but we enjoyed our dinner guest...we hung out with them at Ports of Call, and the evening shows....The staff is friendly. Happy Sailing. Hoped this helped.