Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2004, 03:03 PM
Passenger

Default Cozumel: Paradise Island

Has anyone been to Paradise Island. Looking for a review of this excursion.
Thanks,
Dave

[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/animated/Bo
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2004, 06:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Cozumel: Paradise Island

I haven't read any reviews on it but while doing debarkation on the Conquest we talked to a travel agent in our color group. We did the Fury Catamaran in Coz but she said they did Paradise Island and it was wonderful. Fury was a total blast for us and we will do it again.....

Old January 2nd, 2004, 11:13 PM
Passenger

Major goof. I meant Passion Island. Boy is my face red. If you have heard of any reviews of this excursion it would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/animated/Bo
Old January 3rd, 2004, 06:02 AM
CRUZN BUCKEYE

Default Re: Re: Cozumel: Paradise Island

We did this tour and loved it. At the time , they called it a Jeep Safari Tour. They had a couple of rows of jeeps lined up. The first part of the trip ended up being a little mud running through a "jungle." It was fun. We then took our jeeps to the edge of the water. We had a choice of boarding rowboats and racing to the island or taking small tender. We chose the tender. I have to say the people in the canoes were having a blast! This was a beautiful beach. They had hammocks, floating mats, plenty of shade. They also had a giant hut, I guess that's what you would call it, where lunch of chicken,fish,tacos,salad and drinks are prepared, included in your tour price. At the end of the tour, they broke out the tequila for shots! We had a great time, floating in the ocean on our mats, drinks in hand...now, this is the life! The tour operators are fantastic! The restroom facilities are very clean. It is not overcrowded. We have been on 12 cruises and this was definetly one of our very favorite places to go! Do it, you'll be glad you did! Also, if you do, let us know how it went!!! Have a great cruise!
Old January 3rd, 2004, 08:36 AM
josette

I t sounds like fun. How long was the tour, how much did it cost and did they furnish the mats to float on? Is that the tour that Carnival says you should not have any back problems to go on because the ride is pretty bumpy? Thanks for the info.
Old January 4th, 2004, 05:49 AM
CRUZN BUCKEYE

Default Re: Re: Cozumel: Paradise Island

This is not a bumpy ride. Anyone can do this tour! At the time that we went it was about $70 per person...but well worth every penny! I can't remember how long we were there but do remember we had plenty of time. You do not pay for the mats, it is included, as well as lunch and drinks! We will definetly do this tour again...and again...and again!!!!!!
Old January 7th, 2004, 12:46 AM
leesmits

Just a little FYI, if you want a preview of Paridise Island, just watch TV. They film the Corona Beer ads there.