Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2004, 12:42 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to pridevacation
Default Turks & Caicos

Carnival Corp. signed an agreement to construct a cruise facility on Grand Turk.
The deal is still subject to legislative approval in the Turks and Caicos, but, if approved, the company estimated that construction would start in July, and the facility would be completed by November 2005, a Carnival spokeswoman said. Carnival Corp. brands would get preferential berthing rights at the cruise pier, but the spokeswoman said other companies also would be able to use the facility.

A few cruise lines call in the Turks and Caicos, and Carnival Cruise Lines lists the island chain's Salt Cay in brochures as an alternate to a private Bahamian island call on the Carnival Glory.

Ships calling in Turks and Caicos have to anchor and then tender passengers to shore.

Darrell

June 4, 20004 American Queen
November 20, 2004RCCL Grandeur/Seas
January 29, 2005 Carnival Sensation
September 11, 2006 Carnival Holiday
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Turks & Caicos

I have been to Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos, and it is by far the most beautiful beach I have ever been on (out of most Caribbean islands, Hawaii, Florida, and California). I'm not sure what they would offer to do there, but I would imagine water sports will figure prominently. Provo had only a few resorts and a handful of shops/restaurants. It's more of a quiet, diver's paradise -- but that's what made it so quaint. I'm surprised at how many people never even heard of T&C - now maybe others can have a chance to appreciate it.
Cheers,
MaryC