Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Lauralord
Default Favorite destination?

My husband and I went on a cruise one year ago, and we did the western caribbean (Key West, Belize, Cozumel, and Progresso). I enjoyed it, but was interested in going to a different destination. We are also bring our 2 kids (10 and 9) with us this time. Anyway, would anyone recommend a place that they love to go to? Also, what about with kids?

Thanks a lot!

Laura
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Favorite destination?

Grand Cayman has Stingray city which is an absolute must see. There is also a nice beach called 7 mile, ask a cab to drop you off on 7 mile near the small cemetary, very few folks there. Also, you get to visit "Hell", a little town on the tip of the isle.
Only bad thing is the Cayman Is. are flat, kinda like Fla.
St. Thomas is the most beautiful port you'll ever see but go to St. Johns on an excursion for better beaches, or do the submarine trip...
St Marten's offers Orient beach, our favorite beach. Lots of little tiki huts and restaurants. Tons of kid type water rides, jet skis, water trampoline. You gotta be ok with the clothing optional aspect of it. We had our eight year old (he's now nine) with us and he just assumed it was natural. We didn't mind him getting an example of other cultures, that's half the fun!
We've been on six cruises and have come to realize that as long as the ship is headed SE, we're ok with it...
We are sailing on the Legend, 03/28/04. It is an 8 day so we will take Christmas week as a vacation week to make up the extra day we use. It is going to St. Marten's, (our beach), Martinique, (never been) and Barbados, (never been, heard it's the best!)
You should come along,
Bon Voyage!
Kevin and Nancy
Old January 7th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Favorite destination?

Kevin and Nancy,

Thank you so much for your input. I've been looking into St. Thomas and St. Marten's. I did want to go to a beach with water activities, so Orient Beach sounds great! I don't have a problem with "clothing optional", and it will be interesting seeing how the children will react to another culture's customs. I think we want to go during the month of October, but we'll see.

Thanks again for your advice!

Laura
Old January 7th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Admiral

My favorite place was when we docked in St Thomas...and took the Ferry over to St John and rented a jeep. That island is so bueatiful and we had an awesome time! I want to go back soon. Our next cruise is in March with western carribean itinerary. We're doing stingray city and cave tubing in belize. Our daughter is going on her 1st cruise with us and she's 10. I can't wait!

Old January 7th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Favorite destination?

Helen,

I did the cave tubing in Belize, and it was lots of fun!!! My daughter is 10, too and it will be her and my son's first cruise. I'm excited to start planning our trip. I think I'm sold on St. Thomas and St. Martin!

Thanks, Helen!

Laura
Old January 7th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Favorite destination?

You'll have a blast taking the kids along...don't forget to bring the two way radios but have a back up plan as to switching channels should you run into interference on the first channel choice, teens/preteens love to share the same channel and say all sorts of non-pleasantries...enjoy!
Kevin and Nancy
Old January 8th, 2004, 02:12 PM
ford1998

I agree, St. Thomas, St. John and St. Marteen have the absoulte best beaches. Can't wait to go again.