Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2004, 05:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default spirit Jan 26 price dropping like time square ball

Cruise 411 has this cruise for 478 inside 699 balcony
one place i looked had it at 503 in and balcony 709
travelocity and uniglobe 549 in and 749 balcony.
Would be nice if carnival would add a few more ship board credits or upgrade us all. I'm holding my breath!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: spirit Jan 26 price dropping like time square ball

Ray,

Originally our group had this cruise for considerably less than the sites you've listed were offering it for.
It's just now, 2 weeks before sailing, that I guess Carnival is trying to fill the ship.

When looking for price drops this close to sailing we can't really compare to what other agencies are selling it for, BUT we can compare to how much Carnival itself has dropped the price.

We are working on. Nancy, from her end, working with the group dept at Carnival. And I'm going to follow it up with some of my contacts at Carnival PR dept.

Unfortunately Carnival is not easy to work with in these situations. With RCI and Celeb, even for group bookings, if the price drops they'll honor it until day of sailing. Carnival makes you dance around alot and sometimes comes through and sometimes doesnt unless you happen to find the right person.
We're looking for THAT person now <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 7th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: spirit Jan 26 price dropping like time square ball

You are correct. The price we all had was very good compared to all others. It just has been going down within the last 4 weeks. It may go down further. I'm used to watching the prices. I think they all go down closer to the cruise. But when it hits over 100.00 per person, then it starts to become worth talking about. Not saying that it will do any good to mention it, but it might. Pipes keeping fingers crossed for an upgrade!!!!!
Old January 7th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Being new to the cruise scene, I'm not familiar with many of the resources out there. Cruise411.com is showing a rate of $200 less than what Carnival gave me for a cruise I'm taking in November (Carnival's rate was the same as Expedia's and Travelocity's for the cabin category I wanted).

What are the odds of Carnival matching the price, or offering me a shipboard credit for the difference? And if the odds are good, what's the best way to go about doing this?
Old January 11th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Legend

cruise 411 may have omitted the port charges and federal tax in their pricing
Old January 11th, 2004, 09:23 AM
anniewpi

Tavelocity, Yahoo and Orbitz will refund you the difference or get you an upgrade if avaliable. Any good TA will do this for you however they rarley will do it on there own and watch the prices for you, you need to sit a computer do your research and be prepared to be on hold forever. I will tell you that from personal experience recently because the price of my upcoming cruise dropped 1% I was able to go from a 7A to a 8C with a much larger room and balcony and recieved a $230.00 credit to my credit card. Sounds easy...NOT easy I had to call at least 6 times and my persistance paid off. Good luck to all!!