Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2004, 06:18 PM
bee

Default HELP! first time and clueless

me and my family are going to the eastern caribbean on 2/14/04 heres our itinerary:

san juan
st thomas
st john
st maarten

i would love to know great places to go on the islands that the good for adults and teens, though i want to have fun i am a little on the cheap side. any ideas on where to go or what to do will be a great help!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:25 PM
can't wait

Default Re: HELP! first time and clueless

St. Thomas has a great beach, Megan's Bay. We took a local taxi(more like a van) there and enjoyed the beach, did some kayaking and sunbathing. A beautiful place to visit.
Old January 7th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Passenger

I didn't like Magen's Bay so much as it was a horseshoe type cove that blocked the distant views, I've heard St. John's is the place to go while there. I reccomend the gondola ride for certain, the views are breathtaking...
on St. Marteen's, Orient Beach, a cab ride across the island gets you there. In San Juan, walking the fort wall along the seaside is wonderful, we did it at dusk and it was magical,
enjoy...
Kevin
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/pitchblue.htm
Old January 7th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Sidsammy

the only thing I know about is St. Thomas. The first time I was in St. Thomas all it did was pour(rain). Luckilly, we didn't book any excursions. Everyone told me to go to Magen's Bay. Obviously, we didn't. The second trip, we opted to go to St. John Island, Trunk Bay. It cost around $50 per person. It was a great trip. A beautiful ride to St. John with narrative. Scenery like you've never seen before (at least me) once on the island. This is a snorkeling trip. I tried the snorkelling, and since I'm not the best of swimmers, the snorkelling was a little lost on me. It was worth it for the trip over and back and the beach. I recommend this as someone who is not a big excursion person. If you check out some of the other messages, you will see about people who probably do the same thing a lot cheaper. Like a taxi to Red Hook ferry, etc., and the park admission is only $3, etc. That is probably the way to go. All I know is St. John and Trunk Bay are more beautiful than beautiful (on a good day) !!
Old January 7th, 2004, 10:56 PM
First Mate

We liked Megan's Bay...it would be a less expensive than a trek over to St. John's and Trunk Bay - although it, too, is quite beautiful. I don't know how much it costs...but within walking distance from the pier you can take a gondola ride up to Paradise Point (I think it's called) where there are a couple of stores and some great drinks and ice cream.
It would be great for the entire family.

Old January 8th, 2004, 01:22 AM
First Mate

Go with Godfrey Tours in ST Thomas, he meets you at you ship, takes you shopping, gives you an island tour, and snorkling at one of 3 beaches all for 20$ per person