Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2004, 09:05 PM
GageNLaurel

Default Pre Check in a Biscayne Bay Sheraton Miami

Whats the advantage of using the pre check in option. I have read a few posts in the past that have talked about it. We have already filled out our fun pass info on the Carnival website. We are sailing the Paradise this Sunday Jan/11/04. Thank you for your respones in advance
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2004, 09:20 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to NICKI61
Default Re: Pre Check in a Biscayne Bay Sheraton Miami

Oh GageNLaurel you must do the pre check in. We stayed at that same hotel and used the pre check in. I think we were the 3rd in line that morning. It was very easy. When we finally got to the port to board the ship that morning, we must have passed by 100's of people! It was fantastic! Simply walked through luggage check and in to the SHORT line for us who pre-registered and on the ship we went. It was just great! I will give you a hint though, DON'T wait for the bus in the morning, pay for a taxi. It won't be but $20 and well worth it. You will be at the ship early and well before the others who are waiting for the busses to come. We waited and waited untill the busses came and along with the other 100 people got to the ships, it was really stupid of us not to get a taxi. But we didn't know any better. We won't be doing that again. Enjoy your trip.

Ruby Princess 11/08

HAL Westerdam 11/2007

NCL Dawn-2006

Carnival Destiny-2004

Carnival Spirit 2002
Old January 8th, 2004, 06:52 PM
GageNLaurel

What do they do in the pre checkin though? We already completed our fun pass information on the net. Do they do cabin assignments and everything? And if so does this prevent ourselves from getting an upgrade as we have booked on a guarentee? What exactly do they go through with you when you take advantage of the early check in at the Biscayne Bay Sheraton?
Old January 8th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are staying at the Radisson Biscayne Bay, will there be pre check in there? We have also used the FunPass on line. Or do we come over to the Sheraton and register.

PSM
First Time Cruiser Victory 1/25
(img)http://cruise-forum.com/countdown.ph...ar=2004&day=25

Carnival Victory
Old January 8th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Passenger

We did the pre-check in at the Sheraton on our first cruise. Basically they just sign you in, (check your id, birth certificates, boarding docs, etc.) and put a little stamp on your boarding docs so that after you go through securtiy, you can skip the check in line and go to the line to get your sail and sign cards. It definitely saves some time. You will also find out your cabin number when you check in. We booked an assigned cabin and found out at check in that we had received an upgrade, so it won't hurt your chance of an upgrade.

I agree about not waiting for the bus. There were so many people waiting, and so much luggage...we just hopped in a cab...it was great. Have fun!!!

Glory 09/03
Mariner 09/04
Old January 8th, 2004, 09:29 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to NICKI61

Like I said, I agree with Kristin. Not waiting for the bus is a good hint. Also, the pre-registration at the hotel is just that and it is exactly what Kristin said. You get a stamp on your papers and you are able to walk around all the people waiting in line. I do remember there being a time it started and ended and if you didn't get through by then you couldn't pre-register, so get in line EARLY. I think it started at 9am- I was in line at 8:30 maybe 8am, not quite sure, but better to sit on nice sofas in the hotel than in line at the port. PSM- you will have to check with the hotel, travel agent or Carnival to see if the hotel you are staying at is do the pre-registration.

Enjoy!

Ruby Princess 11/08

HAL Westerdam 11/2007

NCL Dawn-2006

Carnival Destiny-2004

Carnival Spirit 2002
Old January 9th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks. Can I go over to the Sheraton if my Radisson doen't offer this service?

Carnival Victory
Old January 11th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Legend

Seeing as Carnival doesn't use the Sheraton Biscayne Bay hotel anymore you may want to check the pre check in thing again before you go over there.
Old January 11th, 2004, 09:26 AM
MichelleM

No you don't have to stay at the hotel to use the service, you can just drop into the lobby check in and then leave again. We stayed at a hotel we got thru priceline and just walking over to do the checkin.
Old January 11th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Pre Check in a Biscayne Bay Sheraton Miami

We got really lucky and were given a hotel through priceline that had the check-in, it was near the Miami airport. We went to the check-in later and there was no people, we took a taxi to the ship and it was a breeze...Caribbean breeze that is...

Old January 11th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Michelle,
I called Carnival and they don't use Radisson BB. But they do use the Sheraton. The Radisson said it was a 10 min. cab ride to the Sheraton. Not sure if its worth the cab ride. What do you think?

Carnival Victory
Old January 11th, 2004, 06:19 PM
CruisinKelly

Pitchblue;
Do you remember which hotel by the Miami airport - we are staying at the Mariott-Airport, this sounds great if it is available. Can hardly wait we cruise this Saturday!

Thanks for the info.
Old January 12th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Pre Check in a Biscayne Bay Sheraton Miami

Ditto of cruisin kelly
Old January 16th, 2004, 10:53 PM
ReneeDavid

hi, we stayed at the Windham in Miami at Christmas. We had the pre check in at the hotel. Do it you will be happy you did. We left our hotel about 12 and were on the ship at 1. You will get to bypass lots of people. If you have been to Walt Disney, it is like having a fastpass. It is great, have a great cruise
Brenda