Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:14 PM
teach

Default Just back from the Elation

I just returned from the Elation! My friends and I had a great time! I will put a plug in for EZ Parking. We parked there for $35.00. They take you to and from the port. It was great- no hassles, and saved us money!!!

We had a fabulous time on the cruise. I would highly recommend this one! We visited Chakanaab park in Cozumel on our own, and it was fabulous. I was worried about venturing out without booking an excursion, but it was just fine. There are taxis waiting for you at both places. It was about a 10 min. ride- $10.00- saved us a lot of time. The snorkeling was great there! We saw huge starfish and several baracudas to name just a couple of things! I loved the park. It was my favorite place that we visited. It was also not crowded at all. Lots of beach room to yourself! :-)

I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have them. I'm just depressed that my vacation had to end! Now it's back to reality... he he
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Just back from the Elation

What did you do in Belize? We're leaving Sunday on the Elation, and still don't know what to do there!
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:21 PM
teach

I did the barrier reef snorkel. I was a bit disappointed because I have been to Belize 3 times, and have snorkeled there each time. Until this last week it was my favorite snorkeling destination. I just thought this tour didn't take us to the best snorkeling places. Most of the coral was dead- whereas in other areas it is really great. So, you might try one of the other snorkel adventures. The tour was still good. The crew on the catamaran were very funny and enjoyable! We had fun dancing with them. Cute boys!!! he he, but it's not the best there is in Belize- just from my own experience.
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:27 AM
fun4me

Default Re: Re: Just back from the Elation

teach,
We were on the same excursion last week. Which boat did you go to the island on? Was it the first one that got there or the second? I'm glad to hear you say the snorkeling was not good. I was dissappointed in the dead coral. We went to Aruba last summer and the snorkeling was great!! Lots of colorful fish. Everything was brown in Belize waters. But, you are right, the crew was fun and we still had a great time on that excursion.
Old July 6th, 2004, 11:06 AM
teach

We were on the first boat to the island. Which was your family on?
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:39 PM
fun4me

We were on the second boat. You all were lucky because the travelog video guy was with you. Did you see yourselves on the video?
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:29 PM
teach

There were just short glimpses of us. They took some video of us, but I guess it got edited out. I loved the trip though. I had a great experience. There are always little things that I could complain about, but it's not worth the effort and over all it was a great cruise... fun fun. I miss having someone pick up after me and calling room service.. he he :-)
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:59 PM
fun4me

I feel really bad but this was our first cruise and there were a few things we were disappointed in. I was expecting there to be better food and more choices. It seems we were always off schedule for the meal times and found us eating alot of pizza and ice cream. My kids said the girls in the camp carnival were kind of mean so they did not want to go. It was a fun trip but next time I think we will try a different line. We travel all the time but have never wanted to cruise. I like the idea of cruising but I think I'd like a more casual sophisticated cruise.
Old July 6th, 2004, 10:51 PM
teach

Yeah, there were several things that I too was disappointed in. I was on Royal Carribean last year and I found their service to be much better. This was my second shot at Carnival and I really think I like Royal better. But, like I said, I had a great time on this ship. There were a couple of crew members that really made our trip better- Jorge in the Mikado lounge. He learned our names the first evening and then he continued to greet us every night before and after the show. We absolutely adored him. He was the best and friendliest crew member on board. He truly went above and beyond the call. But, I'm not disappointed that I went on this cruise. I'll just go back with Royal Car. next time. :-)